Issues with the new launcher

Reaction score
    As of the moment I have downloaded the version 12 of the new launcher. When running it, it asks that I update to version 14 unfortunatly the Starmade Self Updater is just staying at 0%. Before I try anything, does anyone know what the problem might be? Is there a download link for version 14 that I have misses and should I be using that instead of updating 12 to 14?

Anyway, thanks for your time.

-A ConfusedIndividual

Reaction score
    • Tester
    On this webpage under "downloads" you should find the new V14.
    Downlioad it there directly and replace the old one manualy.
    If you are on Wndows you may want to delete the .starmade folder under your user account information.
    (on win7 usualy under C:\user\username\Appdata\roaming\.starmade)

Reaction score
    Wow don't know how I missed that... Thanks!
    Anyway I'm on a Mac so should I be able to just download and run the updated launcher or is installation more complicated than that?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    that has to do with half eaten fruits .. i am so soryy .. no idea ! :/

But i would try exactly that ...
    Maybe to be save delete your old game entirely if you do not need anything from it anylonger !

Reaction score
    Damn fruity computers... Anyway downloaded the latest build, yet I have no idea how to properly sink it up with my launcher. I thought the download would have a new launcher or something.

If anyone who is Mac inclined has any advice as to how to properly install the build, or what I should be doing please feel free to share.
    I'll just keep looking for STC's in the mean time. The Emperor Protects.[DOUBLEPOST=1410617295,1410616494][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok clicked on a starmade something or other .jar file in the download, which proceeded to create a
    starmade starter.jar this than brought up the version 14 launcher, yet no installation is found in Users/name/Desktop/starmade-build_20140911_193424/StarMade.

This is the same problem I had last time. I do not know how to fix the installation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Put the launcher in the folder that the 'Starmade' folder is in.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Crusade ... he is on some sort of Mac OS .. is that working the same there ?

Reaction score
    You mean that I should place the version 12 starter in the new download folder (starmade build 2) than remove the starter that is in there?

Or just to put the downloaded starmade build two in the original folder StarMade and use the stater in it to launch the game?

Ya no installation found.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The launcher works the same on all OS'
    The extracted update should be in a folder called 'starmade' with the launcher OUTSIDE of it, like the picture I posted.

Move the contents of any update .zip you get into this Starmade folder to manually update.

Reaction score
    Fixed the missing installation problem by simple updating it everything appears to be working.

Thanks for the help guys it's nice to have a supportive community for such a great game.