Issue in Macbook M series

Reaction score
    Hi all,
    Im using a Macbook M series and I know we need to update java, well I did this to 1.8.0_401 64 bits, Im not sure if its correct or I need lower version ordifferent version,I heard this kind of machine needs extra installation for the game to be run but Im unsure what is it, I read several posts about this in steam. When I hit the launch button in game launcher it opens and closes again, what component amI missing here? can you tellmeplease? thanks for any help in solving this issue

I also installed jdk 8 as suggested somewhere,

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    What's missing is that Apple Silicon is not supported. When Apple designed M1, they decided to throw away all conventional and legacy graphics APIs, and that includes OpenGL, so obviously the old version of LWJGL that StarMade uses will never work out of the box. They also did... something in a MacOS update that undermined something else SM needed, but I don't remember the details offhand.

Maybe there is a way with Rosetta and other things, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Reactions: asdronin
    Reaction score
    Thanks for explanation, so with its current state this machine cant achieve it, thats sad, well I will see if there is an alternative as you said, if you have an idea to maybe make it work with Rosetta please tell me, Im very unexperienced with it so I dont know where to start from. Also I wonder, in virtual machine do you think it will work?