Isanth-VII

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So I'm sure I am not the first one to do this but I figured the default ship for my server needed an upgrade. My main concern was staying true to the original design while beefing up the systems and improving the look. The Isanth-VI looks like it was designed in a fairly early build of the game, it's dark, cramped and has no slopes. I started by ripping out every power core so I could give it a better configuration, and not just have the ship as a single poorly designed flying generator. Next I smoothed out the hull and beefed up the weapons, and thrust then ran some tests and did some more tweaks. The only major changes to the silhouette is It's one block shorter in the front and the shroud in the back adds one meter (so it's still the same length). The original back with the beefier engines was completely flat so it needed something to break that up and I think a simple shroud does that well.

The Interior is actually smaller now but with the lighting it is much easier to navigate and I wanted some deck plating so it wasn't 100% exposed systems on the inside.

Mass: 85.3 (+11.2)
    Thrust: 154.4 (+55.9)
    Power(E/Sec): 9931.7 (-755.7)
    Shields: 11240 (+9207)
    S/Sec: 648 (+459)
    Damage x2: 165.9 (+29.7)

Even though it has less power output it is still more then the ship needs to both fly full power and fire continually.

The original Isanth-VI also spawns with damaged windows and even though the ship is symmetrical one of the weapons fires slower for less damage both issues have been fixed.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are very good at improving things. I love this design. Put a download up.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ve been informed there might be a problem with the ship loading in so I made an alternative download

http://star-made.org/node/9858

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is actually a bit scary looking. I would certainly be afraid to see that. Until my ship blew it away, that is. Great job!

Reaction score
    neat i like it. it has the requirements for a good fighter and personal shuttle.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice! You don\'t mind if I repaint it to match the other pirates on my server, do you?