Isanth Update & Building onto Competition idea

Isanth Upgrade and Addition Comp or not?

• Yes

• No

• ?????

Results are only viewable after voting.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Was just wondering what was going to be done on this note most and if anyone would be interested in such a thing?

The main idea here is to not just update the old Isanths but see if we can come up with new ones as well and maybe some stations to go along with them. :)

For rebuilding the existing Isanths the goal here is to keep the new build under 3000 blocks or as close to the original number of blocks as you can without compromising the tankiness of the old ships. :P You'll need about 600ish power capacitors to bring the power capacity up to what it needs to be for the highest power usage weapons to function and if you want to use Overdrive as a worst case you'll need in the 4000ish range to get it fully working again.

The main constraints for the restoring the originals part I see being needed are under 3500 blocks (unless impossible) or as close to original block count and retaining as much of the old tanking trait as possible if it can be sanely.

As for new versions I'm not totally sure what the constraints should be other than maybe at or under 3500 blocks unless it is a station. :)

So players what'll it be? Any ideas?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I vote that it has to look as near as possible to the old isanths too,

Reactions: nightrune

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Honestly, have you looked inside the current generation of Isanth? It has a surprising amount of empty space in it. They could easily be made far more deadly than they are now with fairly simple upgrades.

Reactions: nightrune

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Honestly, have you looked inside the current generation of Isanth? It has a surprising amount of empty space in it. They could easily be made far more deadly than they are now with fairly simple upgrades.
    lol been busy gutting one to make more space and an insides redesign. XD Got the Isanth-VI done with 4 different starting weapon versions. Not the faintest clue how to make that small monster's power reactor setup better though. >_> Never mind the idea of weapon combos. x_x

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    One of the problems is... the ai becomes a revamp/fix but a lot of casuals tell us the current AI ships are to hard for them... and a lot of the current ships dont work really good.

So its perhaps good to make real small fighters too for the casuals :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I think it is mostly because the Default Pirates are all made out of Standard Armor being the reason they are hard to kill. As for hard to survive, that isn't as much of an issue as killing them. XD

Also my Loot Pinatas I'm working on are meant for the very issue you just mentioned Arsat, sometimes custom pirates are too dang hard or they are stupidly easy. The only hard thing about the Loot Pinatas is the fact they logic jump every so often and are hard to catch.

As for the Defaults like the Isanths you'll need to a good weapon strong enough to break Standard Armor consistently, as for taking hits from them you'll need some shields or the same level or higher of armor. That said once you get into a mid-sized ship Isanths are just an annoyance and that's about it.

If I remember right the Isanth-VI is something your average player can take down so I'll see if I can get a similar build up that is slightly easier. :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Credit for the original design goes to the original maker.
    The original creator of the Isanth-VI is called Nexu_18. He is sadly no longer with us.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Trading Guild Isanth Fightercraft

Wonder how your C-C Isanth fairs against mine.
    lol most likely not very well. That said how many of the other weapon combos can you get to fully function without losing too much? I went and started with the worst case for power and built form there, that being the Mp Isanth. :)

The original creator of the Isanth-VI is called Nexu_18. He is sadly no longer with us.
    :( Well nice to know who it was. Ban Hammer, left, or worse?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    lol most likely not very well. That said how many of the other weapon combos can you get to fully function without losing too much? I went and started with the worst case for power and built form there, that being the Mp Isanth. :)

:( Well nice to know who it was. Ban Hammer, left, or worse?
    This was 2011 iirc so I hnestly have no idea where they are.

Reaction score
    Here is a pic of some Isanth-styled ships made from essentially kit-bashing the Type-Zero. There is a stock Isanth VI for comparison.
    starmade-screenshot-0004.png

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    It occurs to me that by putting a small lag-proof logic clock hooked up to a jump drive on our Isanths we could have them jump away after a time. Hit and run Isanth's any one?

Reactions: Megacrafter127

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    It occurs to me that by putting a small lag-proof logic clock hooked up to a jump drive on our Isanths we could have them jump away after a time. Hit and run Isanth's any one?
    lol It'll get even funnier if you hook that same clock up to a push comp on the same ship as well as a jump drive so they are always moving. :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Well now that the dev's Fleet Comp is over any ideas? :)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Idea: scaled-up models for harder encounters. Even a 2:1 scale Isanth could provide more interior space, as well as the opportunity for better power systems, not to mention more space for other systems. Otherwise, having the same outside features and shapes. A 10:1 Isanth would be very powerful, with lots of room for logic stuff. (Even possibly containing player-training areas.)

Related Idea: Matryoshka-style Isanth Carrier. A large Carrier shaped like a giant Isanth, which carries a fleet of normal-sized Isanth ships.

Isanth-shaped turrets

Isanth-Part List: a group of templates containing Isanth parts, for easy Isanth kit-bashing.

Reaction score
    They gave me trouble for about a week when I started playing. However, once I put together an incredibly poorly designed 4k mass "Light Cruiser" that had barely enough power to run a few 50 Missile 50 Beam Turrets, I had a nice little 5 km no fly zone to keep myself safe and figure out the game.

Now, The Harvest of Fire, my little 20k Mass missile destroyer, will slaughter them by the dozens as it bombards pirate stations into scrap :P . I think they could use an upgrade, but if so, I also think the initial spawn system should have a Trade Guild patrol that will show up if any pirates get in the same sector as a store, that way new players have a safe zone to figure out the game without getting beaten down too badly, and they could see a little space battle as a trade guild defensive patrol rips some pirates apart. That could give them a little bit of insight into what's possible in Starmade.