Isanth Syndicate (A line up of Isanth style ships for servers)

Should these be included in the game by default?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I thought isanth was the name of the ship. If isanth is just the name of the ship type (corporation that makes them?) then yes. We need a variety of pirates in the game.

The current isanth is also painfully outdated.
    agreed the current isanths are very outdated in fact they existed when starmade was first released to the public! I think...

Reaction score
    Definitely need more varied enemies. Since I downloaded this pack, the pirates (and trade guild, after some "accidental" weapons testing) have become more dangerous, but they're little more than a nuisance. I would like to see someone's take on an Isanth Capital ship...

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As soon as I finish my mega ship I'm going to add these bad boys into the pirate lineup ^_^

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just a minor thing, but I would like to point out that the original Isanth wasn't made by schema... gather around kiddies, it's story time!

Ancient scroll 34: The story of the Isanth

Back in the ancient times¹, everybody knew everybody, the first great shipwrights were born, and death star cores flowed freely. All was well. This small yet thriving community had almost everything it could ask for, much in part due to its friendly and generous king, R.P Schema. However, this kingdom was missing something...

It needed a symbol of it's power! So, King Schema and his (for now, but that is a story for another time...) trusty advisor K.C Beetlebear devised a plan. They would challenge the folkspeople and shipwrights to create a grand ship, modeled after the King's palace²! After one fortnight, these ships would be vetted by Beetlebear, and the best would become the first official ship of the kingdom! A town meeting was called, and these plans were announced.

So with this announcement made, the people of the King went to work. Many ships were designed and built, of all shapes and sizes. Even I, only a humble townperson at this time, had a try at this royal contest. After the time allotted had passed, it was time for the advisor to get to work! He methodically and thoroughly tested each and every design. Some were thrown out early for obvious flaws or inferiority, some for just being incapable of truly representing this kingdom. However, eight designs, and eight hopeful shipwrights, passed the private inspections.

At this time, a public festival was was raised. There was much feasting and good times, but the main attraction was the final testing of these eight ships. Furthermore, in a grand closing ceremony, the best ship would be selected, its creator rewarded handsomely. As the festival went on, ships were one by one eliminated. It was at this time that my ship was eliminated, due to lacking a luxury interior. At last, only one ship remained. This ship was the crudely-named "Starmade-Logo-Fighter", and it's creator the young Nexu18. This ship would be soon be renamed the Isanth.

Nexu18 has since left our presence, though some say you can see his soul still living through his ship. As new technologies were developed (such as the quirky things known as "wedges"), they were retrofitted on to the Isanth. This ship has endured the generations, and the development of greater, stronger, and fast designs. Despite this, it still stands as a symbol of a simpler time.

end of scroll

Footnotes to make this a little less confusing
    ¹ - also known as October 2012
    ² - the Starmade logo at the time looked like a castle
    (The initials of both people are their actual initials ;) )

TL;DR - Beetlebear, the at the time artist for the game, created a Weekly Challenge for making a ship modeled after the SM logo. The winner's ship would be the default BP for the game. Nexu18's design won, and became the basis for today's Isanth VI. Thread here

Hope this was as entertaining to read as it was to write! I may actually do some more of these stories from the old days of SM, if people like this.... ;)

Reaction score
    Just a minor thing, but I would like to point out that the original Isanth wasn't made by schema... gather around kiddies, it's story time!

Ancient scroll 34: The story of the Isanth

Back in the ancient times¹, everybody knew everybody, the first great shipwrights were born, and death star cores flowed freely. All was well. This small yet thriving community had almost everything it could ask for, much in part due to its friendly and generous king, R.P Schema. However, this kingdom was missing something...

It needed a symbol of it's power! So, King Schema and his (for now, but that is a story for another time...) trusty advisor K.C Beetlebear devised a plan. They would challenge the folkspeople and shipwrights to create a grand ship, modeled after the King's palace²! After one fortnight, these ships would be vetted by Beetlebear, and the best would become the first official ship of the kingdom! A town meeting was called, and these plans were announced.

So with this announcement made, the people of the King went to work. Many ships were designed and built, of all shapes and sizes. Even I, only a humble townperson at this time, had a try at this royal contest. After the time allotted had passed, it was time for the advisor to get to work! He methodically and thoroughly tested each and every design. Some were thrown out early for obvious flaws or inferiority, some for just being incapable of truly representing this kingdom. However, eight designs, and eight hopeful shipwrights, passed the private inspections.

At this time, a public festival was was raised. There was much feasting and good times, but the main attraction was the final testing of these eight ships. Furthermore, in a grand closing ceremony, the best ship would be selected, its creator rewarded handsomely. As the festival went on, ships were one by one eliminated. It was at this time that my ship was eliminated, due to lacking a luxury interior. At last, only one ship remained. This ship was the crudely-named "Starmade-Logo-Fighter", and it's creator the young Nexu18. This ship would be soon be renamed the Isanth.

Nexu18 has since left our presence, though some say you can see his soul still living through his ship. As new technologies were developed (such as the quirky things known as "wedges"), they were retrofitted on to the Isanth. This ship has endured the generations, and the development of greater, stronger, and fast designs. Despite this, it still stands as a symbol of a simpler time.

end of scroll

Footnotes to make this a little less confusing
    ¹ - also known as October 2012
    ² - the Starmade logo at the time looked like a castle
    (The initials of both people are their actual initials ;) )

TL;DR - Beetlebear, the at the time artist for the game, created a Weekly Challenge for making a ship modeled after the SM logo. The winner's ship would be the default BP for the game. Nexu18's design won, and became the basis for today's Isanth VI. Thread here

Hope this was as entertaining to read as it was to write! I may actually do some more of these stories from the old days of SM, if people like this.... ;)
    I rather like your entry to the contest however it was to big so if it became the default fighter nobody would stand a change. also thanks for informing me!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Honestly I knew about the Warlock it just didn't feel "Isanthish" to me. Not enough grey.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Afraid they haven't been updated but they may still put up a decent fight

Reaction score
    Love the Isanth lineup. I thought I'd try to make a frigate sized 'Isanth'. I want to make it a capable opponent, but slow. It will be easy to run from for new players with smaller ships, but pose a challenge/prize to bigger ships in 'late game'. It's pretty different looking and is loosely based on the type zero aesthetics. Still a long way to go though. What do you think?
    Big Isanth.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Instead of having the back section look like a bunch of decks, why not have it be a hanger instead?

Reaction score
    I have to say, I'm not too keen on my ships being renamed to "Isanths", since the only things they shared when I built them was the colour scheme and a similar interior. That being said though, I'm glad someone liked them this much.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I have to say, I'm not too keen on my ships being renamed to "Isanths", since the only things they shared when I built them was the colour scheme and a similar interior. That being said though, I'm glad someone liked them this much.
    Nice to see you. (When I made this thread I honestly couldn't find your account.)