Is this coming out on steam??

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    it will maybe come out on steam when all problems of the game are fixed schema does hes best

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ^

Meaning, yes, it will be released on Steam. Eventually. And by eventually, I mean it might not even be this year. It's all up to the developers.

Reaction score
    Hence the Steam greenlight banner at the bottom.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Steam ruins games, besides you don't see minecraft on steam.
    I actually think that it's the other way around at the moment. Steam provides a community for many games that wouldn't otherwise have one as well as increasing accessibility markedly... Not to mention the Steam achievements, trading cards, and whatever else they decide to put up as a Steam-wide 'meta-game'. Steam does add value to games. It's why it is so popular in the first place.

As I said earlier, it's my personal opinion that it's the other way around. Steam's recent decision to create an Olympic size swimming pool out of early access games has resulted in some rather sub-par games making it onto the broad market. All someone needs is a promise and something that is remotely playable in any of a thousand senses of the word and they can put it up on early access or greenlight and reap near-full rewards for an incomplete product. Should Steam decide to limit the number of games that can make it onto early access and greenlight to encompass only the games that are generating the most hype, I believe that a good balance between quality and quantity can be reached.

StarMade has been greenlight for a long time now. The reason we're not marketing on Steam yet is that we feel (especially with our payment method likely to change down the line) that our game is not ready to be advertised, as it's changing dramatically every month.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Zephlos
    Reaction score
    I actually think that it's the other way around at the moment. Steam provides a community for many games that wouldn't otherwise have one as well as increasing accessibility markedly... Not to mention the Steam achievements, trading cards, and whatever else they decide to put up as a Steam-wide 'meta-game'. Steam does add value to games. It's why it is so popular in the first place.

As I said earlier, it's my personal opinion that it's the other way around. Steam's recent decision to create an Olympic size swimming pool out of early access games has resulted in some rather sub-par games making it onto the broad market. All someone needs is a promise and something that is remotely playable in any of a thousand senses of the word and they can put it up on early access or greenlight and reap near-full rewards for an incomplete product. Should Steam decide to limit the number of games that can make it onto early access and greenlight to encompass only the games that are generating the most hype, I believe that a good balance between quality and quantity can be reached.

StarMade has been greenlight for a long time now. The reason we're not marketing on Steam yet is that we feel (especially with our payment method likely to change down the line) that our game is not ready to be advertised, as it's changing dramatically every month.

Hope this helps!
    I never intended to draw so much attention with a single sentence.

My personal experience tends to imply that due to pressures valve puts on devs, in combination with the toxic community tends to kill any positive development in games, though I can quite easily see your point regarding the nature of certain games. I'd also be lying if i said that my own account didn't have some failures I was dumb enough to purchase.

All n' All only time will tell how valve impacts or is impacted by the whole "early access" fad. My only hope is that Starmade manages to get the attention it deserves.
    (edit) Where ever that may be.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Haha, very true indeed. When the time comes for Steam, there will be Steam, and we'll do our best to make a good example for all the other indies out there.