Is there a way to get a drone to use all of its weapons?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So the server that I play on is down for migration to professional hosting. I went into single player, took a bunch of my ships, made them drones, and had them seige stations. Now one of my ships has 4 sniper missles, 2 anti shield beams, and one cannon-cannon double barrel setup. When I spawned it in it only fired its beams and went straight to cannons and never stopped. Is there a way I can stop this?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Sounds like there wasnt enough power regeneration to fire all the weapons at once. AI is stupid, it only looks at which weapons are reloaded and if there is enough power to fire them, so if you made your ship intelligently with different weapons for different states/purposes, AI would pretty much default to which ever ones have the lowest power costs.

Reaction score
    So the server that I play on is down for migration to professional hosting. I went into single player, took a bunch of my ships, made them drones, and had them seige stations. Now one of my ships has 4 sniper missles, 2 anti shield beams, and one cannon-cannon double barrel setup. When I spawned it in it only fired its beams and went straight to cannons and never stopped. Is there a way I can stop this?
    My guess is that the ship isn't power stable to fire all of its weapons the way the ai works is it holds down every weapons button all the time so if it fires your beams and cannons and then doesn't have the power left to fire the missiles and then the beam recharges and and it has enough power for that it will fire that again because the current ai has no power "moderation" a way to check this would be to set up a display module inside the ship with [power] [powerCap] (i think these are right its been a while) and then turn the ai on and watch it fight if the power drains down to 0 and then its using only recharge to fire weapons it will never fire its missiles because it won't store enough power for them to fire.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Basically what they've said. The AI tries to hold down all the triggers at once rather than checking total power needed to fire alongside cooldown. Needless to say if the ship isn't power stable enough to fire all at once it'll end up firing whatever is able to fire at the lowest costs just like if a player tried to spam fire all.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Pretty sure my power is fine. The only problem is that if I use my ship with the radar jammer on power drains quickly when using weapons. I'm guessing I have to remove the jammer when using the drone. Also, thanks for the help

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Pretty sure my power is fine. The only problem is that if I use my ship with the radar jammer on power drains quickly when using weapons. I'm guessing I have to remove the jammer when using the drone. Also, thanks for the help
    AI will not use radar jammer so that's not the issue. The biggest problem is the fact that when a ship uses all it's energy and keeps trying to fire there will be a delay when the recharge will start again so an AI ship will fire, run out of power, the ship won't recharge right away, the ship will keep attempting to fire keeping the power from ever recharging. I've noticed this testing out ships with AI turrets and the turrets themselves can cripple my ship if I say fire a missile and use to much power, even though my ship has more than enough power to cover the turrets as soon as you hit that "power outage" state you are screwed and the power will not recover until the turrets stop trying to fire.

Essentially we need smarter AI that will only fire when there is enough power.