Is there a way to avoid all sun danmage to mine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im trying to mine Astroids to get tekt for black paint but all the ones im finding are making me take sun damage so how can i stop this from happening im on a server so i cant turn it off.

Reaction score
    Im trying to mine Astroids to get tekt for black paint but all the ones im finding are making me take sun damage so how can i stop this from happening im on a server so i cant turn it off.
    Best solution: find another asteroid to mine.

Unfortunately, you can't really get around sun damage. I wish it were possible, but it isn't. This was one of the first things I learned after I started playing, and it SUCKED. It really is a pain for something you want so much to be JUUUUST outside your reach. If anything, you could build a ship with a ton of RHP and hope you don't die faster than you can mine.

Reactions: jaytime104
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Best solution: find another asteroid to mine.

Unfortunately, you can't really get around sun damage. I wish it were possible, but it isn't. This was one of the first things I learned after I started playing, and it SUCKED. It really is a pain for something you want so much to be JUUUUST outside your reach. If anything, you could build a ship with a ton of RHP and hope you don't die faster than you can mine.
    So whats all this sun danmage mitigation with the chambers do is it not 100%? Im just wondering thank you for your reply

Reaction score
    So whats all this sun danmage mitigation with the chambers do is it not 100%? Im just wondering thank you for your reply
    That I haven't tested yet (and actually forgot was added). I doubt it's complete sun damage elimination, but it could be.

Reactions: jaytime104
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That I haven't tested yet (and actually forgot was added). I doubt it's complete sun damage elimination, but it could be.
    If you test it let me know on here please..
    Thank you agin ima test it when i get home as well so ill post my results on here :).

Reactions: YamiHikari
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Ok i refitted a fighter quickly and i tested for you.
    Here goes.

I went right through that sun at around 204 m/s
    Got some damages but i survived and the ship is "viable" still. What you really need is base armor enhencement parent chamber and armor heat damge 2 as a child chamber.

Ship is made of standard armor mostly. Blocks that got destroyed are ice, pipes and decorative blocks first then some thrusters because they were behind the ice blocks.
    Everything else is fine.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I would suggest having a bumch of Medkit blocks by your core as well in case the sun starts trying to kill you.
    As others have suggested, covering your ship with Planet terrian (e.g dirt, rock) provides a useful buffer to keep your ship safe (for a time)

Reactions: Alphajim
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow thank you all for your replys and testing i made a ship with advance armor fully covered looks like a pincel but i put the armor heat damage 2 and the armor regen on it and i was able to mine with barly losing any blocks so ima just use this one type of ship for mining text roids and ill use my nice looking ship to mine all the others idk why but on my server tekt seems to spawn in the sun damage areas