is there a way to add your own blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was wondering if you could make your own blocks that have their own purpose (modding) and where are all the block files

Reaction score
    i do believe the way to create your own blocks is to press ctrl, then alt, then BELIEVE!

in all seriousness, the way you do it is by starting the game, and on the window where you can choose a server, nick, ect, there is a tab called \"Modding\" which has the tab \"Block edditor\". When you click on it, a new window will open with two new tabs, one called file (for opening and saving configs) and another called edit (for new blocks, categorys, ect). the one you want is in \"Edit\" called \"Create New Entry\".

once there, choose the only block id thing which (i believe) chooses the next open block id, choose the texture from the choices (you may want to edit the texture file t002 in \"(wherever your launcher is)\\StarMade\\data\\textures\\block\" so you can have a custom texture aswell), enter in an icon id, name, and pick the catagory (or make your own in the edit tab) and then theres a basic block! :D

Reaction score
    After you have created the new block, you have the option of customizing it even more. If you open up the catagory the block is in and select it, you are given a whole bunch of new options, and i will put below what i know about.

the id, name, type, and BlockIconNum are all uneditable as they were given upon creation and are not a texture, so ill skip those.

in the texture id, you can change the texture again, there is a top drop-down bar that has the number 1 on it by default, and can be changed to 1, 3, or 6. it tells you what texture will be where on the block, (top, bottom, ect) so thats not a big concern. this determains what textures will be selected to the right.

eg if 1 is selected the selected texture x will be chosen only. if 3 is chosen, x and o will be chosen, and if 6 is chosen, x,9, $, and E will be chosen.

x 9 9 $ E E

the individual sides is the bar that drops down from the above, so ill skip it aswell, but the animated tab chooses the 4 blocks to the right of x (x 9 and $ chosen, not E for animation) and only works on a all sides block (as far as i know)

the price changes the price of the block in stores that have it, and the shoppable determains if it can be sold by a shop. the description changes the description of it, and the full name is for shopping aswell (i think)

the controlled by option edits what blocks it can connect to. the controlls option choses what blocks can connect to it.

the factory option gives it recipies to craft when it gets the resources. when you press on edit, it opens up a new window with three buttons, one called \"edit\", one called \"add\" and one called \"delete\". once you press \"add\" another window will open with more add and delete buttons, the top one being the needed ingredients, and the bottom being what it produces. the add button there will open up a search where you can search for the needed item and add it one thing at a time. (this is what will be produced BY it, not what will produce it. you will need to edit another block to add the recipie for this one.)

orientable determains if you can orient it, enterable if you can enter it. to enter it you need the \"can activate\" option set to true. hp is how much damage from weapons (guns, cannons, oh my!), and armour precentage is not configurable at the moment (i believe).

the light source option determains if your block will emit light. if it does, the colour palet (option lightSourceColor) determains the colour of that light.

physical determains if you can pass through the block or if its solid, and block style is what the blocks shape is. 0 is normal block, 1 is a wedge, 2 is a corner, and 3 is a flower thing

yay helping.

EDIT: forgot factorry

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I only know of one mod so far which is improved factories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfzVZmwmr4

That mod added in 5 new factory blocks which allowed you to a range of cool features including painting and spliting blocks into wedges/corners.

If you produce any interesting mods for the game I am always interested in trying them out.

Reaction score
    Myself and MichaelSeph have been working on a mod for a couple of days now. It adds around 400+ new aesthetic blocks. The mod will have 100% new textures for the entire game. The mod will be live on NASS by tomorrow or within the next 3 days tops. We might even work with Raok, creator of the Improved Factories mod,\" to add our new blocks into the game with all new recipes and a new factory :P