Is Star Made primarily a shipbuilding game?

Is Star made primarily a shipbuilding game?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Anyone other Lego master have a horrible fear of the Mother+Vacuum Combo as a childhood? would like to think it was every Lego adventurers worst nightmare and not just myself.lol

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Anyone other Lego master have a horrible fear of the Mother+Vacuum Combo as a childhood? would like to think it was every Lego adventurers worst nightmare and not just myself.lol
    I think we are starting to derail this thread, I think it's time for a lego-builder thread on the Offtopic forum.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I used to use Legos for everything. Couldn't get army figure toys? Lego Men w/ gun! Couldn't afford beyblades? Lego-ize them! I lego'd a lot of things, was an interesting period of time.
    I made a (Not working) Nintendo DS out of legos because I wanted one so bad. (Like, seriously, it had a slot in the back for 'cartridges' and everything)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Top 4ce

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I made a (Not working) Nintendo DS out of legos because I wanted one so bad. (Like, seriously, it had a slot in the back for 'cartridges' and everything)
    I once made a PS1 out of Knexs, used cardboard for the discs, and then tried to recreate the games I knew using Lego and paper (for savegames).

Reactions: Top 4ce

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    So to answer the question. No. StarMade is not just a ship building program. And it's only going to become more versatile with time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I wasn't complaining or anything, if that's what you think. I just highly dislike the idea that Star Made is only a building game and nothing else.
    I don't even know where you got the idea. From the beginning it has always been meant to be more than just a building game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I get it, and it feels that way I think because of the nature of voxel sandbox games. That post didn't come out how I meant it to anyway. Thing is, most of the code has gone into the "doing things with ships" part, which can be all one does in the game if they are on an mp server or once the sp experience is fleshed out. I'll be honest, while I've completed a couple ships, and have half a dozen in various states of frozen completion, I've only ever really done things with pre built ships not my own. Have a blast doing it too, combat has come a long way from the janky sector jumping days of yore.

Reaction score
    I think the thing to remember here is that Starmade is still only in alpha. This type of development can be difficult for some players who come to the game and see the amazing things people have done with it and forget that it is still in development. We are living in a great time where games can be played while they are being developed. I loved my time with games like Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program because for a small entrance fee, I got to go on a very long and fun ride with the devs and the community of players.

Right now the single player game is very much a ship builder and not much else. There are multiplayer servers out there with admin teams that are making really great experiences for players who enjoy actually doing things with their ships more than the building part. Finding the right server is time consuming, but well worth the effort when you find the right fit.

All you have to do is read these forums a bit to understand that the game is in amazing hands. Be patient and watch the news page. Great things are coming, I am certain of it. Any dev team that is smart enough to incorporate player content into their game (ie. pirate stations) has my vote.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I do not believe it is only a shipbuilding game nor do I want its end result to be only a survival game. I enjoy the building aspect of the game and the focus may appear to be there at the moment because those "blocks" flexibility and capability are primary to the overall identity of the game.

This is a sandbox game and your sandbox is only as good as the toys provided + (<------- do not underestimate the "+") the imagination and focus of the participants in said sandbox. Your choice of server and the rules they operate under will also determine the game you experience. Just as it is in Rust, 7 days to die, Minecraft etc....

I dont disagree with what you want but I am not you. I want you to get the game you want and I want to get the game I want as well. Personally the last thing I want to see out of Starmade is a focus on one specific playstyle. Provide the tools the settings flexibility, then step back and let the community form the universes.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Building is awesome and i am glad the game already has such a well rounded building system already in the game.
    As of now i think starmade needs an as ell developed survival crafting part because right now crafting or the item sorting is a pain...
    I love the entire faction stuff the pvp. some stuff could be improoved like the Ai but overall building ships and batteling it out with others is already something that appeals to me...
    Now with the building with a really well done survival/crafting system and the questing system on top and also like all the fauna factions enabled the game might become truely awesome.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    It's still mostly a shipbuilding game because of the way the features are set up right now.

It's more fun for most people to build ships than to mine and try to use them in PVP, it seems.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There are two three kinds of people in this community.

The ones who think the culmination of being good at the game is this:

or this:

Well...err... or.... this.

Damnit I love this community.

Reactions: Snk

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is the best thing that could ever happen to a thread of mine

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    When will the Sephirothis return to save us from ourselves? HE IS THE LIGHT, YOU SEE.
    Look at my avatar and my face, I am smiling (kinda), I am in middle of light and not fire, and not killing anyone good ^^I am Sephirothis, the ancient version of Sephiroth, like the Seph when he was known as top SOLDIER and Hero of the world!