Is logic hard to learn?

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    For some reason, I can't do even a simple elevator. Logic is pure rocket science to me. I wonder if learning logic is hard, and if noob like me could learn it :)

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    For some reason, I can't do even a simple elevator. Logic is pure rocket science to me. I wonder if learning logic is hard, and if noob like me could learn it :)
    Hello Zektor,

Why didn't you just ask ;)

Logic in starmade is Turing complete, any normal logic gate combination will work here.

So just to introduce you to the very basic logic gates, this is a video showing the original logic gates and their usage.

If you want that broken down one by one, here a playlist with 4 videos which break each of basic 4 logic blocks down for you.
    Click here

Now once you have gotten the hang of that, (don't worry its just binary on and off states, if you don't get it straight away come back in like an hour and it will seem simple), you can go test out some general logic circuit designs.

If you go to the "List of Logic Circuits" on starmadepedia, there you can find some general designs which you can manipulate and use as a base for your learning.

Now that you have had some experience with logic gates, by this stage you should no longer be afraid of learning logic gates. If you had started trying to learn everything head on without some experimenting could get boring, but now that you see the potential, you can get started with the standard 'trendy' way of learning logic systems in starmade and truly comprehending them.

At this stage, it is time to visit Bench's Starmade Logic Tutorials page.

Note: If you for some reason prefer not to learn through the above method or wish for an alternative commented tutorial, other than Bench's well made videos, there are other playlists also available.
    This one by Gothic Farms Gaming is also pretty good.

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, feel free to ask myself, one of the engineers or research department members or ask me and I will see if I can have someone more knowledgeable in logic circuits specifically, help you out.

Bogdan

Reactions: alterintel