Is it possible to get a filled blueprint?

Reaction score
    I love blueprints. I adore blueprints. One day I dream to see someone using one of my ships. But sometimes all i want is to start from scratch, but I also don't want to totally lose my ship. Maybe it is lazy, but I would like an option to take my whole ship and POOF right into a blueprint, in my inventory, with all the blocks in it. Pokeballs but with ships xD haha. Yea, I know. lazy. how hard is it to buy a blueprint and dump the blocks in right? I just... I just want. I will settle for rocketpacks too though. or upgrades to the handheld salvage lasers. Or pet aliens. or holopads (books). or a space cookie.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you host your own server, you can save your ship, then use admin commands to destroy or spawn the blueprint at will.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    More appropriate Title: It is possible to "George Jetson" my ship?

Answer: Unfortunately no. once a blueprint has been spawn theres no way to revert it back to a completed Blueprint

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Players on some servers will fill a bp for you for a price. Also, there are already datapads.

Reaction score
    I saw an idea once I liked that let you put the blueprints in a unit connected to a factory network and let the the factories start filling the blueprint automatically with the parts.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I saw an idea once I liked that let you put the blueprints in a unit connected to a factory network and let the the factories start filling the blueprint automatically with the parts.
    Meh, too automated... You could build a factory chain that will automatically construct every part for a given blueprint and dump all the parts in a final chest. I may have to try this for one of my smaller ships...

Reaction score
    Meh, too automated... You could build a factory chain that will automatically construct every part for a given blueprint and dump all the parts in a final chest. I may have to try this for one of my smaller ships...
    I may have said that wrong, it is not automated, you still have to build the factory chains and construct the parts, the idea was that they are dumped directly into the blueprint and not into the storage bin itself. the current method works fine for smaller ships that have 35 or fewer block types, but ones with 80 or so require multiple storage blocks, the idea was to let one storage block catch all the parts it needs by transferring them directly to the blueprint instead of storing them and having to move the parts. that way multiple ships can be built in a single storage unit by having multiple blueprints inside.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I may have said that wrong, it is not automated, you still have to build the factory chains and construct the parts, the idea was that they are dumped directly into the blueprint and not into the storage bin itself. the current method works fine for smaller ships that have 35 or fewer block types, but ones with 80 or so require multiple storage blocks, the idea was to let one storage block catch all the parts it needs by transferring them directly to the blueprint instead of storing them and having to move the parts. that way multiple ships can be built in a single storage unit by having multiple blueprints inside.
    Blueprints are only the tip of the iceberg, they are the beginning to the shipyard system. I believe that once shipyards are introduced we won't fill a blueprint and click spawn but have to feed materials into a shipyard which will then build a ship based on the blueprint specified. In that case it will likely pull items from specified chests.