Is it Duping?

Reaction score
    Hi. I wondered. Lets say its the following scenario:

I have a ship. estimately 20k blocks. Its pretty damaged and im to lazy to spend over an hour to repair the damage. So i spawn the ship again and recycle the old one. Is it kinda duping the items or is this kind of recycling allowed?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Im pretty sure it is allowed, say you have a ginormous capital ship, and it gets damaged beyond repair,

what do you do?

you spawn in another one.

saves alot of time then just replacing all the blocks.

Reaction score
    I mean ok its not beyond repair. But it would take hours to repair every single spot on it.

But good to know^^

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thats basically the same concept. not many players have the time to repair damaged ships (especially if there big) almost all the time.

Reaction score
    It\'s what people do now that shields are crap.

Just turn on advanced build mode on, Remove mode, Set to 10x10x10 and and spam click on the ruined ship, catalog, Buy the ship again. That\'s all I do now since shields go down so easily

Reaction score
    I\'m guessing at some point there will be a repair ability that lets you get a fresh ship using blueprints instead of having to unbuild and rebuy. I can see repair drones being very useful in the future :)

Reaction score
    The replacement ship costs credits. If the cost is equivalent to buying the blocks, then it\'s not any kind of exploit, because you\'re paying for what you are getting.

However, I think the whole blueprint thing is a little bit exploitish, given the short supply of a lot of materials.

There\'s a manufacturing process to make blocks, but why do that at all? Just go into singleplayer mode, build whatever you want with admin commands to get blocks, save it, and buy the ship in the online server. All it takes then is money for the ship, which is much easier than manufacturing all the necessary blocks. And since money is easy to get, all it takes is time in offline mode to build a ship, to have a ship online.

Reaction score
    yeah. the blocks of my ship are estimately 10 times worth the credits that the blueprint costs. Thats what i meant. But ok. Im reliefed. Thought i ask just in case.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its not really duping, but its borderline cheating. I understand that this game is an alpha and that right now the primary focus is core concepts rather than gameplay balance. The server that I play on has blueprints disabled so that as a result people who decide to build massive ships actually have to take care of them. In addition, money is so easy to come by in this game that using it to justify something as not cheating is ridiculous. I once had some dude attacking my space station with a massive borg cube that he probably took off the forums and uploaded to the server. After a long tactical battle, I managed to destroy his borg cube and kill him. Not even 5 minutes later he comes back with another borg cube.

But as for your original question, rules are server dependent. Each server has its own rules.