Is is possible to rename the "Suicide" option?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    I've been playing StarMade for a few days, and I'm absolutely loving it. The game mechanics are epic, and I love how you can construct your own Space Ship. So cool!

My only problem (other than the occasional bug, but that's to be expected) is how suicide is listed as an option. It is particularly discomforting for me, since I have multiple family members who have committed it. If anything, is there a way I can edit it for my own system?

Thank you in advance for any feedback. =)

Reaction score
    Honestly conforming an already listed feature for the past 2 years due to your personal experiences is vein. Otherwise we'd need to sue every single game for listing suicide as an option. I have experience in warfare seen buddies die. I think we should remove death in the game...Ronald Reagan once said a nations greatest weakness lies in appeasement. Conforming everyone around you instead of facing your demons will not help your healing process.

Dbl

Reaction score
    Honestly conforming an already listed feature for the past 2 years due to your personal experiences is vein. Otherwise we'd need to sue every single game for listing suicide as an option. I have experience in watfare seen buddies die. I think we should remove death in the game...Ronald Reagan once said a nations greatest weakness lies in appeasement. Conforming everyone around you instead of facing your demons will not help your healing process.
    watfare

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    thoughts:
    re-spawn.
    Get Spaced!
    Restart life.
    Try Again?
    [Redacted]

all requiring a descriptor that describes reincarnation after suicide.....

Reaction score
    I am disappoint in the weakness of dev team focusing on an issue that's superficial to guard someone's weak will yet we still cant get a trade button finished and focus on the development. Fucking liberal logic and emotional fallacies
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443627736,1443627618][/DOUBLEPOST]I demand that "shooter has killed ...." be changed to tagged or hugged. I seen people die and it upsets me.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My uncle died in a SPACESHIP accident, spaceship should be called different
    my grandfather was crushed while BUILDING, building should be called different
    malaria fly is a bug, bugs should be called different

sorry but, what about adding this just before official release (so not beta/alpha anymore)
    and just make an option: normal or children.

no offense, I'm not calling you a child but if you would play a game where you can't die suicide or anything not many fighting games are left.....
    more like none. I'm not used to being like this, but some things just have a limit.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Wow, seriously? It's Matyze 's first post on the forums and everyone's going to lay into them. You don't know how recent something may have happened or how raw emotions could be. We're not saying we're going to necessarily change it for the whole game. It's us merely saying, you know what, we can see how having suicide listed as an option for someone who has experienced it in their own family multiple times could be distressing, so if it's an option we can allow them to change without too much hassle, then why not.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Guys... you're acting like this is a major change to the game... its not. Chances are it will take a few minutes for kupu to open the photoshop file and change the text layer. It was a request in a polite manner, not yelling at schine for being insensitive. Stop looking for an argument where there is none.

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    I once wished upon a star and my wish didn't come true. We need to rename it SunMade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I once made something. It didn't come out as expected. Can we change it to StarCrafted or something.

Reactions: aceface
    Status
    Not open for further replies.