Is anyone able to do anything with shipyards?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    It would be nice if shipyards could be fixed once the big changes to ships are done. i.e. after the weapon update, fix the new issues and the old recurring never-fixed issues.

In all honesty, we'll probably be waiting a year for the universe update, if not more. But hey, surprise me, Schema. Go right ahead.
    Based on their past rate of progress, I can't really argue that. It may be next year, but I think they will try very hard to release Galaxy before Autumn. They seem to be on a set timetable now, hence the somewhat premature release of Power.

I'm attempting to take schema at his word that updates will be easier and faster now, after the power update, but I'm still assuming that major projects like rebooting weapons will take a very, very long time. In fact, I think the Weapons phase will be the longest of the current "2.0 Cycle" because it won't be "just weapons" it will be weapons, armor & effects, then fixing weapons, then balancing them to power, balancing them to shields, balancing them to armor, balancing armor to shields, then a ton of combat testing to determine other critical balance issues with the relationships between power, weapons, shields and armor. They're all so intertwined. It will take a lot of back and forth, plus debug. Yeah; it'll be many months before the game is functionally re-balanced after Weapons release.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Galaxy though, because of what we know has already been done, and the fact that it is less interdependent upon other systems. New planets, intelligent resource distribution, and leviathans seem to be all wrapped up and waiting under the tree like presents for Christmas. Once the 2.0 system revisions are stable, they don't really have much to do to release Galaxy. So they seem content with the broad strokes on power right now, and it would be hard to balance it much better without testing it context with new weapons & effects... I'm guessing we will be seeing initial Weapons-related updates begin within 30-60 days.

But based on track record, it could take a lot, lot longer.

Reaction score
    Yeah I can't get my shipyard to work neither.

Docking a ship wont let me do the "deconstruct" jobs.

That's pretty annoying, as I want to deconstruct my ships that have some damage. I can't deconstruct them...

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Based on their past rate of progress, I can't really argue that. It may be next year, but I think they will try very hard to release Galaxy before Autumn. They seem to be on a set timetable now, hence the somewhat premature release of Power.

I'm attempting to take schema at his word that updates will be easier and faster now, after the power update, but I'm still assuming that major projects like rebooting weapons will take a very, very long time. In fact, I think the Weapons phase will be the longest of the current "2.0 Cycle" because it won't be "just weapons" it will be weapons, armor & effects, then fixing weapons, then balancing them to power, balancing them to shields, balancing them to armor, balancing armor to shields, then a ton of combat testing to determine other critical balance issues with the relationships between power, weapons, shields and armor. They're all so intertwined. It will take a lot of back and forth, plus debug. Yeah; it'll be many months before the game is functionally re-balanced after Weapons release.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Galaxy though, because of what we know has already been done, and the fact that it is less interdependent upon other systems. New planets, intelligent resource distribution, and leviathans seem to be all wrapped up and waiting under the tree like presents for Christmas. Once the 2.0 system revisions are stable, they don't really have much to do to release Galaxy. So they seem content with the broad strokes on power right now, and it would be hard to balance it much better without testing it context with new weapons & effects... I'm guessing we will be seeing initial Weapons-related updates begin within 30-60 days.

But based on track record, it could take a lot, lot longer.
    I think that old power ships are not compatible with new power shipyards. That may be your issue. My new power shipyard works just fine.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    ... but the car's AC doesn't usually work well while you are replacing your old V6 with a V8 either.
    Perfect analogy. I really wish they had realized the overhaul would be needed sooner before getting more features in, but hindsight is 20/20. Nothing to do now but wait and hope they get it done fast.

Reactions: MacThule

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Both my new and old power ships dont work
    Hmm I don't know. My shipyard is kinda glitchy but it works.
    [doublepost=1519477747,1519477602][/doublepost]
    Perfect analogy. I really wish they had realized the overhaul would be needed sooner before getting more features in, but hindsight is 20/20. Nothing to do now but wait and hope they get it done fast.
    Starmade was perfect until they rammed power 2.0 down our throats. Now nothing works, and you can't have your systems exposed or they will spontaneously explode when shot with a blaster even when you have shields.

Reactions: aceface

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Literally can't do anything with the shipyard apart from creating designs from catalog and blueprint. Can't load any and all options are blanked out. Anyone got a shipyard that works? Cause the shipyard I'm using used to work in the old update.
    I think what probably happened is that shipyards were ignored when the chunk32 update rolled around. It stands to reason that everything would break.

Starmade was perfect
    Nope.

Reactions: JinM
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think what probably happened is that shipyards were ignored when the chunk32 update rolled around. It stands to reason that everything would break.

Nope.
    my station was built after the chunk32 update