IP Camera Streaming from in-game to External

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Schine,

Something I would love to have is the ability to have and IP Camera stream from my server to then have my DVR capture and process. This would allow me to have security cameras with motion sensing in-game and the ability for me to remotely monitor my server using my mobile phone or whatever.

The idea could be applied to the existing camera block, but have the ability to somehow use its unique in-game entity ID to then connect via a custom Java client. This custom Java client would do no more than show the view from the camera and then pass it out from the computer as a stream, much like what you can do with VLC.

At the moment, I'm experimenting using VLC to stream a desktop running the game this way. It works ok for a while, but the game actually locks up and needs to be restarted periodically. So it's not the best.

Ideally, it would be more simpler to use the game engine in a reduced viewing only capacity to stream directly out via IP, that could then be captured like standard IP cameras.

Could this be possible?
    I know this would be moving away from the game slightly, but it can also be used to compliment the game when you have multiple monitors. And these monitors can process the view independently if they are separate devices, like an iPad, phone, tablet, laptop or additional PC.

Oh I forgot to mention, you could have true cockpit viewability without having the local client processing it.

I know this could be done running multiple clients/player avatars, but this allows viewing without the need for the client on the viewing device.

Reactions: Ithirahad