Ion effect ion weapon

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Am not sure whats going on here but i have a 1 to 1 ratio weapon system with ion effect but am only getting shield bonus of 0.5? 50%? instead of 1.00 100%? more damage vs shields?

Picture below

Reaction score
    That's a 50% bonus against shields...written in the wrong format.

It should read 50, as in 50 %, but instead it's giving the decimal equivalent, and "Ratio (%)" is 1 (As in 1/1, or a 100% ratio)...when it should read 100 %. This is something that should be fixed to reduce confusion.

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yes i agree, i always thought it was 100% bonus vs shields though :/

somtimes when i shot my test ship with 20 mill shields it will only do 7.9 mil damage vs the it.

then on other hits it will do enough to reduce the ship to around 2.7 mill out of 20 mill.......
    which sounds more like 100% more damage then just 50% more damage *brings my missle from 7 ish to 10.3 mill ish* .......its being weird it seems

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    yes i agree, i always thought it was 100% bonus vs shields though :/

somtimes when i shot my test ship with 20 mill shields it will only do 7.9 mil damage vs the it.

then on other hits it will do enough to reduce the ship to around 2.7 mill out of 20 mill.......
    which sounds more like 100% more damage then just 50% more damage *brings my missle from 7 ish to 10.3 mill ish* .......its being weird it seems
    It is a 100% bonus.

Your problem is that you're using missiles. Missiles are EXTREMELY unreliable in terms of damage output. You can get anywhere between 30% of the listed damage to 70% of the listed damage based on what point on the enemy ship gets hit.

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It is a 100% bonus.

Your problem is that you're using missiles. Missiles are EXTREMELY unreliable in terms of damage output. You can get anywhere between 30% of the listed damage to 70% of the listed damage based on what point on the enemy ship gets hit.
    yes i know this but missles use to do 100% of there damage vs shields no matter what. did they fix/change that? so shields now actually wrap around the hull? if so THATS AN AMAZING CHANGE! (well not shields wraping but the missles actually taking account of the shape of the ship with shields just like armor/hull now :))

and since it is a 100% bonus why is my picture in first post only reporting a 0.5 (50%) bonus?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    yes i know this but missles use to do 100% of there damage vs shields no matter what. did they fix/change that? so shields now actually wrap around the hull? if so THATS AN AMAZING CHANGE! (well not shields wraping but the missles actually taking account of the shape of the ship with shields just like armor/hull now :))

and since it is a 100% bonus why is my picture in first post only reporting a 0.5 (50%) bonus?
    Because schema's math is extremely confusing. That's what it is in the configs, but because of the way explosions work, it apparently works out to a 100% bonus.

Also, missiles don't do 100% of their damage to shields and haven't since the explosion update hit months ago.

Reaction score
    Spherical explosion damage distribution, my friend.

Can explosions actually cause cross-entity damage? I just spontaneously realized that I didn't know....

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    no am pretty sure missiles did 100% damage to shields even after the explosion change, must have been fixed in a patch or something, i haven't done much combat since explosive change was in but oh well question answered

(I like the whole missiles behaving better now)