invulnerable bases or not

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Bases can be glitched/hacked into through the docking ports as in turret or docking, than they can jump into your faction core and remove it, happen to us on the EE server, I really don't think it was the Ai pirates in the area as the base was renamed "picked the wrong side" before the faction core was removed and scavenged, and not typical of the glich where chunks of blocks are missing usually in a 16x16 chunk style later after server restart corrects itself. There is no other factional news about it being destroyed, no factional points were lost, so at the moment factional bases are not secure, nor are they invulnerable!

There is no record of who actual does the destroying of the main factional core, so player "Odium" for example would show up on the factional news display, so the player Odium and the faction alliance or guild is the player who destroyed the factional core with the time and date when it occurred and the standing of factional points indicating where or not the base was attackable.

The only other player capable of taking out a fractioned factional core is an admin of the server, again there still should be a record keep of the occurrence, this way there I no dispute of who did it. A case where the faction name is disputed under the server rules for instance, and removed after a warning ect...

Hard to say how to discourage this type of player behavior in the mean time waiting for a patch to factional security for the home base.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It honestly sounds like a spy/infiltrator to me, as someone within the faction could easily remove the faction block and place a new one. While there is now permissions that can be used to limit who can use certain blocks (I think), there is nothing stopping someone from placing down a new build block, removing the faction/permission block, and then placing a new one down to rename it. In theory anyways.

If that is the case, then the only real fix would be to limit who can place blocks in astronaut mode in regards to factioned stations, or the community grows up, the first option being the most likely to happen.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Cyba, with the faction permissions, you can set it so someone can't add or remove the blocks on the station. What I imagine happened was that they found the faction block and selected "remove faction signature" then edited the station however they pleased, but I thought only certain ranks could do so.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    no it's just me and my son in the faction, yes the home faction was set, and were quite far from spawn you needed a sever TP just to get there.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    We have jump modules today, even more on EE when each jump equals 150 km.

Reaction score
    Sometimes I think you are more secure by simply not claiming any terrain.

If your scan radious was limited in the map then it would make sense to travel far from the spawn and claim far from there were most factions are found, but if anyone can dick around in the map and find your claimed terrain its pointless.

You would be undetectable if you go far and not claim.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Sometimes I think you are more secure by simply not claiming any terrain.

If your scan radious was limited in the map then it would make sense to travel far from the spawn and claim far from there were most factions are found, but if anyone can dick around in the map and find your claimed terrain its pointless.

You would be undetectable if you go far and not claim.
    People can still know about your homebase if they check the faction hub, inside the faction tab. My advice ? Forget about ships - if you started recently, focus on setting up turrets and make a defense grid well-built enough to prevent you and your mates from being spawnkilled all day long, and therefore, losing it.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    People can still know about your homebase if they check the faction hub, inside the faction tab. My advice ? Forget about ships - if you started recently, focus on setting up turrets and make a defense grid well-built enough to prevent you and your mates from being spawnkilled all day long, and therefore, losing it.
    I dont know what you mean.
    Being on a faction gives away your position even if you dont claim? how?

Then how about if im not in any faction?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Bases can be glitched/hacked into through the docking ports as in turret or docking, than they can jump into your faction core and remove it, happen to us on the EE server, I really don't think it was the Ai pirates in the area as the base was renamed "picked the wrong side" before the faction core was removed and scavenged, and not typical of the glich where chunks of blocks are missing usually in a 16x16 chunk style later after server restart corrects itself. There is no other factional news about it being destroyed, no factional points were lost, so at the moment factional bases are not secure, nor are they invulnerable!

There is no record of who actual does the destroying of the main factional core, so player "Odium" for example would show up on the factional news display, so the player Odium and the faction alliance or guild is the player who destroyed the factional core with the time and date when it occurred and the standing of factional points indicating where or not the base was attackable.

The only other player capable of taking out a fractioned factional core is an admin of the server, again there still should be a record keep of the occurrence, this way there I no dispute of who did it. A case where the faction name is disputed under the server rules for instance, and removed after a warning ect...

Hard to say how to discourage this type of player behavior in the mean time waiting for a patch to factional security for the home base.
    Cig, I am the one that attacked your not home based station. you should have seen the declaration of war when I tool out the turret. Do not blame the EE admins as they are some of the best admins on SM. Which I don't know why you would blame them in the first place. When you know I declared war on you.

Reaction score
    Claiming terrotory is one thing, possesing a invulnerable homebase, is another... On faction hub you can check homebases
    This is kinda lame. Whats the point of showing where everyone is hiding? It should only show what you have explored... all these things I dont get about starmade. I find the same nonsense in being able to travel infinitely in build mode. I hope scheme rethinks this.

It seems definitely safer to just go very far and dont even have a faction. This way you can be sure you aren't potentially cornered by enemy ships that are waiting you to leave your base to attack.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This is kinda lame. Whats the point of showing where everyone is hiding? It should only show what you have explored... all these things I dont get about starmade. I find the same nonsense in being able to travel infinitely in build mode. I hope scheme rethinks this.

It seems definitely safer to just go very far and dont even have a faction. This way you can be sure you aren't potentially cornered by enemy ships that are waiting you to leave your base to attack.
    The only way to lose a homebase is being spawnkilled a lot of times in order to lose all your faction points (EE specifically allows you to spawnkill as long as you want, tho i do not know about other servers). If that didn't happen, either you guys have mistaken "territory claiming" from "homebasing" or have un-homebased your station by accident.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Cig, I am the one that attacked your not home based station. you should have seen the declaration of war when I tool out the turret. Do not blame the EE admins as they are some of the best admins on SM. Which I don't know why you would blame them in the first place. When you know I declared war on you.
    It was home base, as far as I could see the option was there to abandon home base, and there was no declare of war I never blamed The other EE admins, since bases are invulnerable faction declared with faction points standing the bases should never come attack until the point age drops to such a level that warrants attackable, still not playing on the dam server regardless! Something's broken pointless to play, stick to my single player building mega structures :)