Invisible salvage beams

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    By my experience, the baems shot by salvage cannons are invisible when viewed through glass (plextonium).

they also disappear for no reason sometimes...

It makes mining much more difficult. did anyone encounter a similar problem?

Reaction score
    I did not have the problem seeing things through the plextonium glass (will test it tonight for you), but I have had the invisible beam problem. I noticed it when I had 20 or fewer harvesting lasers and there may not have been enough power on the ship at the time. When I rebuilt things a bit and added mucho more power and took the beam count to 80+, they were plenty visible at that time and sliced through things like a hot knife through butter. I basically used a laser pen concept on my harvester, with my current design grouping the harvesting lasers below my core and all controllers and power layer. The lasers are in contiguous rows that are 10 per row, 7 across and currently 4 layers down for a total of 280 beams.

Just for grins, when I was attacked by Pirates last night, I tried hitting them with the harvesting lasers with no apparent affect. Then I turned tail and ran as this particular ship is not for fighting (YET!)

Bestest!

Bobo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That makes sense. I haven\'t really seen much about it, but does power input affect visibility of the beams? Like, is that an actual thing?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I mounted a cockpit in front of the salvage blocks (they are rather long) and when viewed from there the beams are invisible. When I shift my view back to the ship\'s core (at the back of the ship), I can see the beams through the ship.

Perhaps something to do with the point of origin of the beams being behind the viewpoint makes them invisible?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My current (although damaged) salvage ship has a cockpit inline with the ends of the cannons, and I can see the beams, I also have plexiglass over the cannons and cockpit. I have had problems with past ships, and occasionally with my current one. Haven\'t used it in newest update though.

maybe related, but I also have problems seeing missile traces when they are fired out of my view range, as me and a friend found out when he shot a BB locked onto me accidentally, too my side. No damage due to shields, but worrying as I couldn\'t see the missile even though I had turned to where it was coming from to me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got this bug after last update 0.0944. Nothing worked untill I set visibility to minimum 3 and back to 200. Then beam appeared.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I remarked that when I go to the options and change some of them, sometimes the show beams options uncheck automatically. Must return to the menu to check it again.

(sorry for my bad english, hope it\'s understandable)