Invisible Beams bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have found that when i am mining with my ship, the salvage beems dont appear through glass or when I use a cockpit.
    The same goes for missiles but the beams for others are still there.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    If so is there a fix?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    same thing happened to me and my friend, he could see the lazer from the other cockpit and controled the ship. I couldnt see the lazer and we ended up me holding the fire button and him moving the ship to mine the blocks.

Reaction score
    I never thought about it being glass. I just noticed this in game when I fired missles. There is glass all around my cockpits, but I can see through the top right and left ones (as if there was no block) and only then did I see the missle trails. This makes sense as to why the laser couldn\'t been seen when mining. Anti-matter seems to work fine though.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It\'s even less normal for me. It randomly appears and disappears, and on my latest ship one of the beams appears and the other doesn\'t.

Reaction score
    I too have been having this problem of invisible beams within cockpits or through glass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It usually happens if you spam click, or hold down the LMB for too long.

Reaction score
    I have experienced a simular problem with my salvage beam and anti matter but I\'m not using a cockpit or glass

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In my mothership im just viewing from the shipcore and it happens. Sometimes the Cockpit actually fixes it, but rarely.

Reaction score
    Having this now with all beams that Ive tested it on....salvage, docking and astrotechnician beams are all invisible, on multiple ships, in multiplayer and single player. It was fine yesterday, then they vanished last thing last night, and are still gone today. It\'s making docking very difficult with some ships. I\'ve also tried it in cockpits, core view, and behind solid blocks, nothing makes a difference. All my bearms are belong to (not) us.