Bug Invincible Ships

Reaction score
    So, just got back into Starmade a week ago, really loving the game! But, I started noticing something really weird happening.

Ships that are AI controlled, as in Pirate Ships and Pirate Turrets, will take damage as normally and blocks break and all that until...it just stops. No more health going down, no more blocks break, and they still function. Can't destroy/overheat the ship core, can't even get in the ship core. I have been killed a handful of times due to not being able to kill that one pirate Isanth.

If you're wondering, ships I'm in can be torn to shreds, this only happens to other AI controlled ships. (Note, I have not tried this with other ships I've spawned in or built.)

Any help would be appreciated, hopefully it can be fixed! Thanks!

Reaction score
    happens often for me, usually pirate turret parts from stations.

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Ive narrowed a replicatable formula for this bug, dont use turrets that are on selected target mode. Ive had that happend before and recognized damage inflicted in distinct patterns produced by my turrets.

Also, you died to Isanths... Sorry I cant contain my laughter.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is my observation.

It seems like when entity which were docked previously had their "mother" entity destroyed, they have a chance of glitching out and becoming invincible. Since I was raiding someone's "base" when I destroyed the station which his ships were docked on, however, the docked entity then proceeded to become invincible until the system was unloaded.

Endal

Ex Torpedo Researcher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This has been a bug for a while, docked entities sometimes become intangible when their mothership is destroyed, however they seem to still have simulation and turret syntax, so they can be destroyed by enabling turret nav markers and using /destroy_entity, or by simple system unloading which probably causes SM to realise what BS it has done and fixes it. There seems to be no Phabricator report for this so if someone could kindly do so...

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This is the time to report issues like this especially if you can reproduce them. Guthris can you write up something and post the bug report here? I believe we are about to go into a bug fixing stage(Not dev, can't know for sure). Phabricator