Bug Invincible missiles

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been working on a new ship lately with missiles, and I made a discovery: apparently missiles can destroy hull now despite shielding. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Any details on the missiles, effects, and shielding of the opposing ship? (would be useful)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right, sorry. The missiles are D1000 with an equal amount of AMCs slaved to it. It has an overdrive effect computer, but no overdrive modules.

The enemy ship predates the shield update, so it has around 800k shielding but no recharge blocks.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I do wonder... No shield regeneration? Doesn't that mean you were shooting at a shieldless ship?

Perhaps try and replicate the bug with an updated ship and a non-updated one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It did have shields, it had the blue ripple effect and everything. It even stopped beams weapons.

Upon further investigation I have discovered that the missiles aren't invincible. Shields are just useless. Even with regeneration, weapons still destroy hull. The shields also ripples when hits as well.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If you are Playing in the current Build (0.159), The Shield effects are Bugged.
    They Display saying they are at full capacity (100% +) and have the Blue ripple, but in reality, their Shields are 0.

I Noticed it while I was cleaning up some Scrapped Turrets near my Base onserver :u

If its not the recent Build, then I dunno o/ but it helps to tell us the Version you are playing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm running 0.159

What causes the shields to be at zero? I tested weapons on a copy of my ship (with shield regen) and I got the same glitch. Are the depleted shields just part of the glitch too?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    No, Shields are working fine as far as I can tell, its just the "Feed back" that is Bugged.

If you give it regen, and let it sit for a while, the shields should regenerate, and you wont be able to break blocks. But the shield doesn't change colour when they get critical, nor does the Status (the Number shown when you select them) change from 100%.

Basicakky they work fine, but they just dont tell the person shooting them when the shields are empty. (As far as I know)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks, I'll test it out when I get back. (I'll be gone for a week).