Bug Inventory reset -- glitch?

Reaction score
    Hi! I started a new, single-player game on my PC a few weeks ago to play with game updates, since I'd been away from it for a while. Last night I shut down the game. Tonight I booted it up again, but to my dismay all of my inventory was gone and I was at the starter Trade shop with a starter inventory, plus a blank log book that I don't think was originally there. A quick tour of the area showed that all of the salvaging/building I'd done was still intact.
    Anyone have any idea what happened? I lost all of my inventory, which is really a bummer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    that is the mandatory restart for the update. it automatically reset all the universes because of universe incompatibility. a similar thing was done for the universe update as well. but it didnt reset the universe just the inventories, but it also forced a reset anyway as the maps prior to it were unplayable and broken

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ignore royal, there is no such thing as mandatory resets.

Double check your IGN, the launcher has a habit of stealing your text/typing ability as it loads, so you may have accidentally changed your name.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the feedback. But that wasn't the cause; my IGN (In-Game Name) was fine. I looked into the game file directory and found a new directory named "backupCorrupted"; the directory mostly had a bunch of ENTITY....tmp files; the file ENTITY_PLAYERSTATE_Luke76er.tmp was the only one that was timestamped with the time I rebooted the game. The other files were older, dated over the last two weeks.
    I'm guessing that my player file got corrupted when I shut down the game and the new directory was written on bootup automatically to preserve uncorrupted files. I didn't see any older versions of my PLAYERSTATE file. Which seems to mean that I'm out of luck.
    Any other options to try, folks? Or insight on how this happened?