Interserver Facs Big Facs Small Facs Fight (is that a problem)

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    Isin't the fact that "space battles are cool" enough to trigger war?

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    Or you lose? What actually happens when you lose a war? Do people disband thier faction? Are they forced to do something?

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Or you lose? What actually happens when you lose a war? Do people disband thier faction? Are they forced to do something?
    In most cases, it's very hard to lose a war concretely. If you can't defeat your opponent, you just dock up and stop fighting: there's no mechanical reason that could make you want to keep risking (and losing) assets if you're being outplayed.

"Space battles are cool" is the basis for consensual and prearranged fights, but it is not a driving force which will make players expand and risk their time and gameplay effort; not when there simply isn't any mechanical reason to do so.

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    So homebase protecting is a driving factor in making this game unbalanced?

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So homebase protecting is a driving factor in making this game unbalanced?
    No. Lack of actual reasons to fight is a driving reason in making this game non-combative.

Homebase protection is a necessity to prevent malicious factions from idly destroying inexperienced players. Perhaps the mechanic will change, but the intent should not be circumvented.

Ultragamer2000

why am i still here?
    Reaction score
    So if there were something to do in battle, such as fighting for planets and resources then there would be more war?