Read by Schine Intergalactic wormholes, And player spawn relocation.

Reaction score
    Give every galaxy a massive wormhole that leads to another galaxy, It would be placed at the center of the galaxy. The wormholes would require players to fly directly into them rather than get sucked in, Meaning a faction could construct defenses around a wormhole to destroy any invaders, Effectively blockading the galaxy unless you go the long way.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Andem
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Give every galaxy a massive wormhole that leads to another galaxy, It would be placed at the center of the galaxy.

I know I know, The starting point is in the center but it doesnt have to be, In fact it would be better if the player started on a random planet in a random place in the starting galaxy with nothing at all. They could easily build a core within a few minutes anyway.
    Spawning players at random wouldn't be really good thing.
    Spawn shop is pretty good addition to game where all civilisations meet together.

Reaction score
    Spawning players at random wouldn't be really good thing.
    Spawn shop is pretty good addition to game where all civilisations meet together.
    A special spawn place could still exist as a massive invulnerable station that gives the best prices, And is by default the respawn point as usual, Which means that if you die then you will immediately return to spawn meaning that you could just suicide and be immediately at spawn.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A special spawn place could still exist as a massive invulnerable station that gives the best prices, And is by default the respawn point as usual, Which means that if you die then you will immediately return to spawn meaning that you could just suicide and be immediately at spawn.
    Don't u think that's a little bit pointless to spawn them in random places and then bring them to spawn if they die?

Reaction score
    Don't u think that's a little bit pointless to spawn them in random places and then bring them to spawn if they die?
    Just a thought, But the primary reason for this thread was the wormholes, what are your opinions on those?

Reaction score
    Spreaded players = no interactions
    Its actually better with wormholes because players already spread out to avoid unwanted hostile contact, But many rarely return to spawn because of the distance. With wormholes any galaxy (The first person to enter a galaxy would be able to name it. And the name would show up in a list of galaxies when you enter the wormhole.) is reachable and it is possible to strike anywhere. Plus imagine factions blockading their wormholes to avoid attack, It would basically be the front door into an entire galaxy. The galaxy would still be accessible by other means but once your a few galaxies off of spawn NO ONE will want to cross the void and your faction would be safe if defenses are mounted at the wormhole.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Its actually better with wormholes because players already spread out to avoid unwanted hostile contact, But many rarely return to spawn because of the distance. With wormholes any galaxy (The first person to enter a galaxy would be able to name it. And the name would show up in a list of galaxies when you enter the wormhole.) is reachable and it is possible to strike anywhere. Plus imagine factions blockading their wormholes to avoid attack, It would basically be the front door into an entire galaxy. The galaxy would still be accessible by other means but once your a few galaxies off of spawn NO ONE will want to cross the void and your faction would be safe if defenses are mounted at the wormhole.
    Whats to prevent someone wormholing one galaxy away and assaulting from there?

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Give every galaxy a massive wormhole that leads to another galaxy, It would be placed at the center of the galaxy. The wormholes would require players to fly directly into them rather than get sucked in, Meaning a faction could construct defenses around a wormhole to destroy any invaders, Effectively blockading the galaxy unless you go the long way.
    I like the idea of wormholes. I don't like the idea of there only being one at the center of the galaxy. I can see a wormhole being much like a black hole, except easier to use, and I would like that.

Here are some of my own ideas to throw out there:
    -Perhaps wormholes could be unstable, with the entrance and exit moving periodically or collapsing. They could be stabilized by having an astrotech beam firing at it.
    -Wormholes would come in different sizes, some having a 20 radius, others having a 500 block radius. The entrances and exits would always be the same size.
    -Wormholes would always have 1 entrance and 1 exit.
    -When a player flies through a wormhole, they are not instantly transported, but rather enter a strange dimension. The player has to move from one side to the other to come out the other way. It would perhaps be the length of one sector. There may be strange, ethereal types of resources here. Or there may be hostile aliens.

Reactions: NeonSturm

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I like the idea of wormholes. I don't like the idea of there only being one at the center of the galaxy. I can see a wormhole being much like a black hole, except easier to use, and I would like that.

Here are some of my own ideas to throw out there:
    -Perhaps wormholes could be unstable, with the entrance and exit moving periodically or collapsing. They could be stabilized by having an astrotech beam firing at it.
    -Wormholes would come in different sizes, some having a 20 radius, others having a 500 block radius. The entrances and exits would always be the same size.
    -Wormholes would always have 1 entrance and 1 exit.
    -When a player flies through a wormhole, they are not instantly transported, but rather enter a strange dimension. The player has to move from one side to the other to come out the other way. It would perhaps be the length of one sector. There may be strange, ethereal types of resources here. Or there may be hostile aliens.
    The wormholes in-game already are wormholes not black holes.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like it if small ships have more choices how to travel and wormholes are nice if you don't want to place down a vulnerable TradeGuild-Gate or explain their occurrence.

We already have warp-gate-code, why not make worm-hole code the same and if you touch the boundary of the wormhole, the line (left,right,top,bottom) would slip away –a bit like if you rammed an asteroid or other ship– but slows down fast when not colliding with your ship anymore
    The more it slips, the more unstable it becomes until it snaps back to the original place (when reaching a sector boundary).

The potential I see is to create undetectable stations which have to be discovered by other means and are not limited by travel distance but you also have no choice of connecting them along the route you want.

Reaction score
    Not sure how I feel about this idea. It's innovative, but I think it may cause issues with faction interaction. The future of the game is headed towards bigger factions, possibly alien empires, real economics, and trading. I think this would create a situation where the feature may be wanted for the short term, but then disliked, problematic, or removed later on.

I like it if small ships have more choices how to travel and wormholes are nice if you don't want to place down a vulnerable TradeGuild-Gate or explain their occurrence.

We already have warp-gate-code, why not make worm-hole code the same and if you touch the boundary of the wormhole, the line (left,right,top,bottom) would slip away –a bit like if you rammed an asteroid or other ship– but slows down fast when not colliding with your ship anymore
    The more it slips, the more unstable it becomes until it snaps back to the original place (when reaching a sector boundary).

The potential I see is to create undetectable stations which have to be discovered by other means and are not limited by travel distance but you also have no choice of connecting them along the route you want.
    This idea on the other-hand might be neat to have. More travel options I am all for, just not changes to the spawn point. It is good how it is.

Reaction score
    Technically you are right. They are named wormholes. But they behave like black holes, so I call them black holes.
    I think they actually are neither, combining elements of both. Blormholes. Schine, please call for license conditions.

Reaction score
    That. Would be cool. I would Totally blockade a galaxy, put up a tax on entry, Set up the Space-Berlin Wall, Fun for the whole family! :D