Interesting, but undesired effect

Reaction score
    Ok, I am building a station. In this station I have a lift, and the station uses a gravity generator. Things turn interesting if I try to walk on to the lift which is made of docked entities. By interesting I mean the gravity suddenly reverses. Any idea how to fix this?

Reaction score
    Ok, so apparently Structure gravity is just buggy, but personal gravity seems to work fine. Though collisions with docked entities still a little buggy... moving from say, a docked entity to and ramp that's part of the station does not work smoothly and you have to jump.

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok, so apparently Structure gravity is just buggy, but personal gravity seems to work fine. Though collisions with docked entities still a little buggy... moving from say, a docked entity to and ramp that's part of the station does not work smoothly and you have to jump.
    yeah use Personal Gravity. Personal Gravity does effect ships passing near the station though, not sure if you want that

Reactions: MoricaStarwind

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The "Personal Gravity" is not personal gravity. It's just downward gravity, for both the person and any ships/asteroids near the station. The "Structure Gravity" is radial gravity for everything, but players don't have character control code for radial gravity so they use downward gravity with that chamber too. Basically, the chambers are mislabeled.