Interchangeable Graphic Card option

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello there

So I'm not much of a forums user as it is, so I'm not really sure if this has been up and around (haven't spotted it during a quick search, but if its there please correct me), but I would like to have a new option implemented in the launcher options = a choice of witch grapichs card i would like to use.

The reason for this is: Im currently using a laptop provided by my school and it has two different cards = Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M.
    Now the Intel is the intigrated standard card for the machine and since its a school laptop i really dont want to mess around with the bios and instead found a solution to the Intel problem of StarMade:

Right clicking on desktop -
    going to Nvidia Controlpanel -
    choosing the 3D settings -
    going to programsettings -
    Under 1: browse and find the StarMade-Starter.exe (in either steam or other folders) and open it
    Under 2: Choose the High-performance NVIDIA processor -
    Then hit apply -
    Then going to the folder where the .exe is located -
    Rightclick the .exe and choose wich processer i want to run the game with (doing it the normal way of simply double clicking dosent work for me).

Choosing wich processer is needed is something that (on my end) has to be done at everysingle startup, so yerh, a shitton of steps just to play the game.

Thus my wish for a option of choice in the launcher :)

Let me know what you think and if it is at all possible to begin with :)

Reaction score
    Try setting the program "javaw.exe" to run on the Nvidia card (high performance) instead of the Starmade starter. This will most likely be a permanent solution for you.

Reaction score
    So you need to set it each time you use your computer? Do the settings get reset when you start your PC or something?

If you don't mind the lower performance, you should be able to run it on the intel card with minimal settings. Lowest textures, no shadows, etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sorry for the late reply!

I do the - "Then going to the folder where the .exe is located -
    Rightclick the .exe and choose wich processer i want to run the game with (doing it the normal way of simply double clicking dosent work for me)." - Part of it every time (english is not my main language, so i might have formulatet my self in the wrong way, sorry about that).

But unfortunately, no matter what settings i make, SM wont run on the intel :/

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Sorry for the late reply!

I do the - "Then going to the folder where the .exe is located -
    Rightclick the .exe and choose wich processer i want to run the game with (doing it the normal way of simply double clicking dosent work for me)." - Part of it every time (english is not my main language, so i might have formulatet my self in the wrong way, sorry about that).

But unfortunately, no matter what settings i make, SM wont run on the intel :/
    That is because the updater(the .exe you run) starts the game as a separate process. Try to run the StarMade.jar the updater downloaded on a specified processor.