• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Today I was building some interior turrets that go on the ceiling of a hallway/room, and now that we have all that rail goodness I was planning to make them retract into the ceiling (being then covered/hidden) when a button was pushed. In a sense it works, but then I realized a small problem that would prevent me from actually using that system: any movement from the turret makes it collide with other elements on the deployment/retraction process, preventing the system from working properly, and there is nothing I can currently do to combat that.
    I know, this problem only applies to this kind of scenario (I think), but it's a problem nonethless. I could just give more space to compensate for the turret movement when retracting/extending, but that would be way too much of a waste of space. So my suggestion is extremely simple:
    Why not make turrets and their AI interact w/ logic blocks?
    For example, sending an "ON" signal to a turret axis would make that turret reset (would also make possible the use of remote logic to create a "shortcut" for the "reset all turrets" button on the Structure Panel), and changing the state of a logic block connected to a Bobby AI module would turn it ON/OFF respectively (would also allow turning specific groups of turrets ON/OFF). All very simple additions, but would make it much easier to deal with turrets on space-tight rail systems (plus some other possible benefits).
    Oh, and it would also be nice if turrets could just stop shooting things that are not in their line of sight (blocked by a wall, etc), because that's REALLY annoying.
    (PS: I think this would also be a good complement to the semi-overhauled turret AI/control system someone else suggested, but that's out of the scope of this post ;P)

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Everyone wants this, trust me.