Intel Graphics Crash Help

Reaction score
    Hello! I'm one of the people that have had problems with the Intel Graphics causing a crash, I've tried to update my drivers at Intel.com but my Laptop has third party drivers from HP.

I went to the HP to see if there was any updates, But there was none for my CPU/GPU, What should I do now?

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Possible fixes are reinstall Intel stock Drivers and uninstall the HP, also, graphics card and/or laptop?

Be sure to check all settings (do not change any unless you know what they do)

Reaction score
    Possible fixes are reinstall Intel stock Drivers and uninstall the HP, also, graphics card and/or laptop?

Be sure to check all settings (do not change any unless you know what they do)
    Dxdiag calls my Graphics "Intel HD Graphics family", Which I think means it's build-in to my CPU, Which is a Intel Core i5=4200U.

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    From my 5 seconds of googling, it seems it is not an APU therefore, being a laptop, the graphics will be built into the mobo, and run from a chip inlaid probably near the CPU and backfan.
    if you can, try to install drivers in the bios from a usb stick to replace the HP stock.
    only do this if you know how, google will show you if you don't know.
    However, unsure as to why it wont work... (hate intel)
    sorry I don't know more about the specs, I rarely build laptops, only desktops

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    oh, also, try running in 32 bit/64 bit mode

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    OK well from my experience having procedural backgrounds, bump mapping or shadows on causes me to crash so if you have them on turn it all off

Reaction score
    From my 5 seconds of googling, it seems it is not an APU therefore, being a laptop, the graphics will be built into the mobo, and run from a chip inlaid probably near the CPU and backfan.
    if you can, try to install drivers in the bios from a usb stick to replace the HP stock.
    only do this if you know how, google will show you if you don't know.
    However, unsure as to why it wont work... (hate intel)
    sorry I don't know more about the specs, I rarely build laptops, only desktops
    Did this, When I got in, My laptop had started using the Microsoft basic drivers, So I had to reinstall the HP ones.

Reaction score
    If you have win7, type in "Update device drivers" into the searchbar windows search bar and if you're using XP, then type devmgmt.msc. into the "Run" tool. and if you're using Vista, screw you. (Do the same as XP)

Reaction score
    If you have win7, type in "Update device drivers" into the searchbar windows search bar and if you're using XP, then type devmgmt.msc. into the "Run" tool. and if you're using Vista, screw you. (Do the same as XP)
    Not using Vista :)
    My drivers ARE updated, But the thing is, The drivers are from HP, Not Intel, So I can't use the updated Intel drivers (Which work with Starmade, Unlike the HP ones)

Reaction score
    Not using Vista :)
    My drivers ARE updated, But the thing is, The drivers are from HP, Not Intel, So I can't use the updated Intel drivers (Which work with Starmade, Unlike the HP ones)
    Okay. You could always take this up with HP support. Although, they might only tell you that they longer support your model, or some other excuse.

Reaction score
    From what I have been able to gather it is not just a problem with hp but with many different manufacturers. Since the update I have not been able to log on as well. I get a crash right after it loads to %100. The problem seems to be that the manufacturers such as HP, Samsung, Acer etc. don't update their drivers when Intel does. The way they have the computers set up you cannot get the driver from Intel because it will not validate. Even if you try methods to get around this most don't work. I just hope they support what is actually available to us laptop users rather than what is on the Intel site.

On another note....Another Launcher?

Reaction score
    Since the update I have not been able to log on as well. I get a crash right after it loads to %100.
    This is a problem with the latest starmade update, not with drivers. It happens for me as well. We will have to wait for next update and hope the problem is fixed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I thought Intel cards weren't able to run starmade anyway?

Reaction score
    Actually, recent builds contain several fixes for Intel cards. It is of course possible that this did break other things that were working fine before. It however seems to me, that especially Windows 8 and Intel graphics is a bad combination. At least I've seen several issues there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Intel cards can't run anything well
    Lol so true. Whats really sad is that alot of the macs out there are using them, even the $2000 pros you see on the apple store. then again, mac is known for taking advantage of its customers stupidity and selling them an overpriced sparkly paperweight...