Intel graphics card on my laptop, can't run the game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi all,

I have a laptop with an Intel Graphics card, and apparently, the drivers are crappy and won't work with Star Made for some reason, I tried updating them but no success. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to solve it ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its not the drivers that are crappy its the Intel Card. They are not designed for games don't expect them to work with them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, but other games work well on it, Heroes of Newerth for example works flawlessly. Not that it's very resource-heavy but still ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have a intel core and it can play elder scrolls skyrim on the highest quality when its not supposed to it can play startrek online on the highest quality when its not supposed to so what im saying is the intel core can play games but im having the same problem as ikaruga so what does that say

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    @kaysleigh I would say that if you aren\'t lying about running games at high quality, that you probably should try updating Java and/or running the starmade launcher as Administrator.

Also, please dont necropost. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I try to run the game all it does is: either change my desktop background to a light blue screen without opening any StarMade window, or it just doesn\'t open any Starmade window.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your intel cards do not support OpenGL 2.1 and will therefore not run the game, yes it may run other games fine but they do not have the same requirements.

You will simply never be able to run the game unless you buy a new grahpics card or if you\'re on a laptop you\'re gonna need to buy a whole new laptop as 99% of them do not have the capability to be able to change graphics cards.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve heard this said quite a bit. I\'d just like to point out that most Mac platforms use Intel video cards and currently Mac is supported by StarMade. I\'m running an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 and can support up to OpenGL 4.0. Although I can\'t display the shadows yet in the new Dev release, I suspect I will be able to view them in the future after optimizations.

Reaction score
    As it says in the error 99% of problems are caused because of a INTEL graphics card..it is not your card you probably have a great card..its just that starmade C-A-N-T run on intel...

Yes i have intel...and it does suck...but We gotta wait...sadly :( •-•