Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was reading through this idea...
    Forge Welding
    ...and thought, what if we had this as an advanced build option.

It would allow for quicker build times

Add an option into advanced build mode to "Integrate" existing docked entities, by toggling on an advanced build option to allow you to click on a docker of a docked entity to then signal the build mode to fuse from that point. Which would theoretically integrate the docked entity to the entity it is docked to and replace the rail/docker with whatever block is selected in your hotbar.

There is already a create docking in build mode, so this is kinda like an antithesis next step I guess.

** UPDATE **
    In case it seems unclear, I'm proposing a way to integrate a docked entity in a blueprint to the entity that it is currently docked to. This is pretty much a conversion, where it would reduce the entity count and transfer the docked entity to now become part of the main entity.

Some kind of 'Cascade' option would also be desirable to allow you to integrate down the chain of entities.

Where this would be handy is modular building.
    You could build a ship/station by bolting together multiple ship entities, then hit the advanced build option and click on the dockers. Boom, single entity! :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dire Venom and Tunk
    Reaction score
    I like this idea! It'll let my station look good without possible loss of the upper two thirds.