Insufficient Power alarm on factory...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm trying to start up a factory on a station, and I have part of it working. However, I'm hitting a point where I'm getting a flashing red text prompt over some of my factory input blocks saying, "Insufficient Power (0/100)" ((0/200) if I have an enhancer linked). I've set up a few powerplants nearby to add power, but it's not making nearly as much of a difference as I thought it would. Any ideas as to a possible solution, or any specific figures as to how much power each factory block needs?

EDIT: Station is generating 116175 units of power per second...

Reaction score
    add a bunch of power tanks not just power

then go into a build block and watch it on left hand side

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep, that\'s what it was. Figured it out on my own, though. Now I have an absolute forest of power tanks growing alongside my generators.

Turns out that the factory modules consume a TON of power during the processing cycle, and none the rest of the time. What happened was that I was consuming more power at that particular time than I could provide with generators. The power tanks act like a buffer/capacitor during these demand spikes, and smooths out the load to the point where it\'s manageable.

Reaction score
    Essentially, unless your station is also powering un-shielded turrets, you never need more than 1/5th of your power storage as regen. Factories are currently the only major power draw on stations, because shields only cost energy when recharging, and a negligible amount at that.

Reaction score
    Factorys consume 500 power per 5 seconds in a spike

adding and enhancer adds 500 per enhcancer. Sorry if i spelled stuff wrong.