INSTAwarp

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    In starmade, rail rotators only allow a minimum of 45 degree rotations. Blocking the path of the entity doesn't work because the entity simply resets back to the same position instantaneously.
    Trapping an entity inside a door mid-rotation, however works. There are two strange things that come with this though-

1>On deactivating the door, the entity snaps back to its original position instantaneously.
    2>After unloading and reloading the sector with the entity trapped mid-rotation, deactivating the door does nothing. Even more interestingly, the entity now rotates in 45 degree increments relative to the position you trapped it in.

INSTAWarping is basically aligning to an entity blocked mid-rotation and then deactivating the door. The entity resets, taking you along with it- ignoring all obstacles in its path. Meaning, you can breach anything.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dire Venom

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Another fun trick is to pierce the target to the interior with a spear of non-physical blocks on a fleeted cloaker, add a rail docker on the spear inside the target, create docking and arrow-transfer to the inside core allowing easy no-aggro access to anything not-moving that doesn't have non-physical blocks chocking it's own interior. Not that I've ever encountered a ship hardened against this and I've harvested a lot of ships this way.

Reactions: Arcaner
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    eason, I could not get this to load in this post)
    Awesome job, this is a brilliant find :3!
    Did you try posting the direct link to the urls for the gifs:?
    Human catapults sound like a lot of fun to muck around with

Reaction score
    Question: can you snap an astro inside of physical blocks or does he just appear as close as possible?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Awesome job, this is a brilliant find :3!
    Did you try posting the direct link to the urls for the gifs:?
    Human catapults sound like a lot of fun to muck around with
    I got the gifs to work and fixed some errors. It seems they do not work when they are placed inside spoilers.

Question: can you snap an astro inside of physical blocks or does he just appear as close as possible?
    Hmmmmm, I haven't tried that one yet, but I believe it will just snap the astronaut inside of the blocks. It seems the game goes to great lengths to keep the astronaut always aligned to the body whichever way possible.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    Well, let schine know if it puts astros inside of blocks because that could lead to some MAJOR exploits.