Bug Instant death at sector, reproducible

Reaction score
    Hi,

i am playing unmodified on a dedicated, local server.
    After building a missile-supported scavenger vessel, i tried to mine an asteroid and died instantly.
    Every time i get close to that asteroid again, i die after an estimated 5-10 seconds (tested 4 times with different ships).
    I scanned the sector, no activity. I did not see any red marks (approaching Pirates) nor is there a pirate base / any unknown base nearby (as in <p> view, 4 hops to next pirate base). At an estimated 1Km distance, there is my home base and when keeping to half the distance, i do not die. The sun is far off, so i don't burn either.

Should i upload the world or did i miss a non-bug way of instant-death?

Greetings,

Nando

Reaction score
    • Tester
    This is a single player game?
    if you could upload the log.txt.x file with the time stamps around when this happened that might be helpful.
    and maybe keep a copy of that singleplayer world and a note with the coordinates where it happened.

Reaction score
    This is a single player game?
    if you could upload the log.txt.x file with the time stamps around when this happened that might be helpful.
    and maybe keep a copy of that singleplayer world and a note with the coordinates where it happened.
    ok, upon reloading the world to produce a log i found a piratestation. it was 2KM away! I only found it by overshooting the asteroid and getting into the next sector.
    Can this please be considered a bug? 2 KM and the missiles just kill without warning, from another sector, on easy difficulty... :-(

Maybe the Range of piratestations could be dependent on the difficulty?

Greetings,

Nando

Reaction score
    • Tester
    OK!
    Than i guess you got sniped by the Alpha Pirate station .. is has a set of turrets that do fire 10K longrange lock on missile ... and more than one of those. if you are in single player - target the station with "f" and kill the station with /destroy_entity_dock. Otherwise .. keep a distance of 2+ sectors.

You are not seeing the attack comming because of
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1369

Reaction score
    OK!
    Than i guess you got sniped by the Alpha Pirate station .. is has a set of turrets that do fire 10K longrange lock on missile ... and more than one of those. if you are in single player - target the station with "f" and kill the station with /destroy_entity_dock. Otherwise .. keep a distance of 2+ sectors.

You are not seeing the attack comming because of
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1369
    Thanks for the info, this explains a lot!
    Am happy with how it is, thread can be closed.