Installing on a lin

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So i found this game through a friend who said it was great so i took a look and tryed it on my pc and the graphics card didnt work, so i decided to install it on my linux, and i have no idea how to work a linux. I downloaded it and i have no idea how to install it.

Reaction score
    Code:
    $ cd /path/to/StarMade-Starter.jar
    $ java -jar StarMade-Starter.jar

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What Keen is attempting to give you is the Command Line (Terminal) Commands you would use to launch the game.

You can also use your file manager to navigate to the File where ever you saved it, open up its properties with a right-click on it, then under the permissions tab check the box that says allow executing of the file.

Close the Properites, then Right click it agian and tell it to open with java runtime.

If that is just not making sense, then I suggest you may want to Google using the Terminal in Linux and start learning until you get the game launched.

It took me a couple of hours to the first time I tried to launch a Java Game, will provide any addtional help that I can.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im having the same problem. Ive tried running both command lines. The first says no such file or directory, and the second says error unable to access jarfile starmade-starter.jar

right clicking on the file doesnt give me a properties option. opening the jtidy.properties file just opens a text file saying the version number and a date.

the file path is filesystem/home/user/downloads/StarMade-Starter.jar Is that wrong?