Inspiration!

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Okay, so here's the deal: I'm building a massive station on a 17 x 17 x 17 cubic grid system. By massive I mean it has the possibility to be over 10 km in diameter. I need inspiration for the modules I'm going to put on it. The basic theme is octagons and lots of colored crystal accents.

YOUR job is to post pictures of your stations/planet bases/very large ships/ideas in general to help me with this. I've already got things planned, and the station WILL have an interior, so show off that too if you so choose.

GO.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, so here's the deal: I'm building a massive station on a 17 x 17 x 17 cubic grid system. By massive I mean it has the possibility to be over 10 km in diameter. I need inspiration for the modules I'm going to put on it. The basic theme is octagons and lots of colored crystal accents.

YOUR job is to post pictures of your stations/planet bases/very large ships/ideas in general to help me with this. I've already got things planned, and the station WILL have an interior, so show off that too if you so choose.

GO.
    maybe you should ask it a bit more in the way of asking instead of ordering.
    i have some stuff, but first ask it nicely. (its great for your interior looks)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Massive shopping center and lido deck, just like on Wall-E's Axiom.

Not really from the Axiom, but another ludicrously MASSIVE lido deck:

Bonus: Whatever this is supposed to be.

Reaction score
    Here are some screens of a few of my stations and ships over the past couple years. Hope this helps!

Are you building this on NFD Build server?

If you can't tell... I really like building stations.

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nice, and HolyCookie, pwease?

Don't think I'm going to have room for something that big, unless I put it on the external part of the station, and JimmyJamba those are awesome!

Thanks guys! But now I'm going to need a rail system to get around the thing it'll be so big.

EDIT: Yes, I am building this on the build server.

Reaction score
    I would like to chime in and laugh at the underestimation of a station with 10km diameter. I would like to ask if you have ever traveled the length of 5km in build mode before. Now imagine having to do that everytime you want to edit the exterior. Just saying.

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Plenty of times, thats why you have multiple buildblocks and a ship!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would like to chime in and laugh at the underestimation of a station with 10km diameter. I would like to ask if you have ever traveled the length of 5km in build mode before. Now imagine having to do that everytime you want to edit the exterior. Just saying.
    Plenty of times, thats why you have multiple buildblocks and a ship!
    What are we up to in diameter now Omega? And want me to post that early WIP pic? or keep up the suspense? :p

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Haven't made it bigger yet, just finished the shield gen if you want to check it out. Next I guess we will do some smaller docks and living quarters.

Reaction score
    The coolest thing you can get in big space stations in things that make you forget you're in a space station at all. You need to just fill the interior with a big city, color the top part blue or even make it a ring with area based gravity to keep you on the right track. Regardless you need massive open spaces, grass, trees, lakes, the whole nine yards. This is something only really achievable with huge builds, so if you're gonna go big may as well do what others can't.

Reactions: Ithirahad

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was planning on having different biosphere things in the lower or outer part because why not, so i see what you mean.