INSANELY POSITIVE FEEDBACK: SITTING

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also, you don't enter a wedge. You sit on it with a different key (default O).

Reactions: Ithirahad

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yep. It's probably the most useful thing about chairs currently. Rather than just being dumped out of your ship or wherever you'd normally land, the game puts you back in the seat.
    YEEEEEEEEEEES

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    YEEEEEEEEEEES
    My thoughts exactly. Though I'm not exactly an ace fighter pilot, this is great news for any and all shuttles and smaller craft I fly, or attempt to fly. No more getting dumped out of my ship! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Yep. It's probably the most useful thing about chairs currently. Rather than just being dumped out of your ship or wherever you'd normally land, the game puts you back in the seat.
    Whoa, seriously? I've been waiting for a solution to that since I started playing the game! Now I don't have to worry about making large spaces by my core, just a chair of some sort.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Whoa, seriously? I've been waiting for a solution to that since I started playing the game! Now I don't have to worry about making large spaces by my core, just a chair of some sort.
    Just don't forget to sit down before entering your core. :p
    (Speaking from repeated experience here.)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Will we also get a lotus-position for normal blocks now? :)
    And a lie-down position if you stand in-between 2 blocks?

I always built seats with a full block and another full block behind...
    But I guess this solution is better for very small ships and rooms ... and COUCHES :)

Reactions: Ithirahad

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Will we also get a lotus-position for normal blocks now? :)
    And a lie-down position if you stand in-between 2 blocks?

I always built seats with a full block and another full block behind...
    But I guess this solution is better for very small ships and rooms ... and COUCHES :)
    Really? I'll have to get out the new dev build later and try it!

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    As many of us already know, characters can now sit on things in the new dev build. There is no chair block, but characters sit halfway down wedges making them look rather like chairs.

I really like the way this was implemented as I can put my butt wherever I darn well please (reasonable realism for the freaking win)! This is much better than limiting characters to specific chairs. Sure, you might see someone sitting on a control panel, but you might see the same in real life. I can sit on the table if I want to, and that's good.

Only one thing lacks, and I'm going to assume this is on the way. I want my avatar to remain visible when I'm operating a computer. Right now the computer still vacuums me into it, but fortunately I still come out of it back into a sitting position.

The great thing about the way this system works is that an actual chair or bench could be added later if desired. This will very likely be modded in. Only a simple mesh would be needed; none of this rotating office chair stuff. We shouldn't need more than 10 or so polygons for a block. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a simple mesh chair or bench sometime during beta.

IN ALL, EXCELLENT ADDITION TO THE GAME. LET'S HEAR A BIG THANKS TO THE DEV TEAM!

Time to go put some chairs in the ol' Tranquility-class shuttle.
    Wait for it...