Inheriting from Docked Objects

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey, so I know that the newest update made it so that you can inherit thrust from docked entities, but can you inherit power and jump drives? Also, you prob. can't, but if you dock a ton of ships to a station and have inherit thrust enabled, will the station be able to move?

Reaction score
    You can't automatically inherit power, but you can put a power supply beam (or shield supply) on the docked entity to get a similar effect. Docked jump drives don't work to my knowledge though, likewise I don't believe you can use docked thrusters to move stations.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You can't automatically inherit power, but you can put a power supply beam (or shield supply) on the docked entity to get a similar effect. Docked jump drives don't work to my knowledge though, likewise I don't believe you can use docked thrusters to move stations.
    Ok, good to know.

Reaction score
    Does the docked power beam have to hit a power capacitor or is it ok to hit any of the ship?

Or does it gain a bonus for hitting a power cap?

Reaction score
    Anywhere works. Bare in mind that power supply beams cost a bit of power to use, so they're not as efficient as properly integrated reactors.