Read by Council Inherit weapons from docks.

Reaction score
    This is the 3rd time i've suggested this but it never got attention. Aside from that, The name tells all, It would be highly convenient as you could easily swap out guns and as with the USD the community could invent a universal weapons hardpoint for exchange of gun designs

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hmm. On one hand, I like this. On the other, I think this is just one of many symptoms of too hard-coded interfaces and lacking integration between entities, and I'd like to see that issue tackled at it's roots rather than patched on a case-by-case basis. A more universal mechanic for connecting systems and controls between entities is probably a better option.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I agree, this would make ships so much more versatile and open up possibilities for cool competitions and new designs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't understand. Docked weapons are turrets. Whether they rotate or not. What exactly is it you are asking for?

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I don't understand. Docked weapons are turrets. Whether they rotate or not. What exactly is it you are asking for?
    I think he means allowing direct control of a docked entity's weapons, while being in the main ship. You'd basically just "inherit weapons" and then they'd show up on the weapons screen, shooting in the direction of the weapon orientation, and aimable by the user.

If I am right, then I like this idea, because it would help balance the way power works for turrets vs main ship weapons. Currently, I believe it is too limited what sort of power per second can be devoted to a main weapon compared to turrets.

Though I think I should add that anything considered a "Turret" should not be controllable through inherited docking, because it wouldn't work right. Though a separate way to quick switch to turrets might be good.

Last edited: