InGame MusicPlayer

What do you mean about this Thread?

• @Toderon, your grammar is not as good as well. :/

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It is possible, to add a MusicPlayer as a Computer and a Speaker as a Array into the game?
    My thinking about is, that (for example) you can use them at spawns or in spaceships and play music ingame so everybody in "range=x" of a speaker connected to the MusicPlayer can hear the sounds/music.
    Too, it will be great, if the MusicPlayer can be have a second module connected, which contains the possibilty of using a microphone for announcements to other players in voice, so its possible too, to add a ingame Voice-Chat to speak to other players in range=x.

But for now, this would be nice, so the music can be uploaded (admin) to the Server and can be stored ingame as a music-file and can be saved on a disk/usb-stick/etc as a item. (Example: Minecraft Disc's C418)

And sorry if my grammer isnt as good as well.
    Im from germany, the origin country of our founder. ;)

Greetings from Germany,
    Lennart (Alias Toderon)

Reaction score
    I would be for it how ever it could be exploited.
    Gunna have to be a bit more descriptive. I can imagine it being able to be used as a major annoyance by idiots by spamming sounds, but don't really see an exploit possibility.

Reaction score
    Gunna have to be a bit more descriptive. I can imagine it being able to be used as a major annoyance by idiots by spamming sounds, but don't really see an exploit possibility.
    sorry that's what I meant trolls using it to annoy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    sorry that's what I meant trolls using it to annoy.
    Like if someone comes with a very loud ship to drives you crazy? I think it could be fun, personnaly I'll just shoot it if very annoyed ^^

But for base building and immersion: Yes totally!

Reaction score
    I don't really thing "Because trollers can troll" should be a reason to NOT do something. Trolls will troll no matter what.

I personally don't really care for the idea because I don't see it really adding to the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    :(
    I don't see it really adding to the game.
    • with the microphone option you could hail/talk to people who are in range.
    • Pre-recorded announcements or messages could be played back dynamically with logic.
    • Add new engine noises.
    • Add door sounds.
    • Tie in damage alarms or pre-recorded voice warnings to a damage indicator logic system.
    • If it could be tied into faction blocks you could add security alarms/warnings.
    • Using an area trigger you could have your ship welcome you home every time you approach your core.
    • Huge amounts of roleplaying chicanery.
    To deal with trolling or to simply accommodate people who do not enjoy this feature, it could be toggled on and off in the options. For people who generally want to leave it on but also want to avoid trolling, this toggle could be bound to a hotkey. And to deal with trolls or annoying sounds, an ignore list that would block the sounds from any block placed or edited by the people on it, and/or block all sound files uploaded by that person.

Reaction score
    Engine and doors should already have their own sounds.

Most of those I see as "That would be cool" kind of ideas, but not something Id particularly care for in game.

That is, of course, just my opinion. If it were added, then it would be added, and I would just deal with it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Good comment Tobie. ;)

Also maybe its possible to add a intigrated Permission-System not only for every faction, also for the entire Server too.
    Like in Minecraft (Bukkit-Plugins) PermissionsEX, it can be possible in StarMade without a plugin to activate in config!?

And so my opinion is to set uploadable of Sounds/Music rights only for Admins or so.

And it would be nice, if you can create Server-Ranks so not every new player on Server can create a own faction.
    Also to add, that some ranks can be set next to "X-PlayedHoursOnServer" like Guest > Player.

I know its an other suggestion, but to prevent "spaming" of sounds/music from spamers, this would be the best way to prevent.
    So with the ranks you can set too, which blocks a player can set (whitelist) or which blocks a player cant set (blacklist).