Information Terminal

Reaction score
    I recently played Alien Isolation and I thought that maybe an Information terminal would be a great idea. It could be used to store personal information or information to share with others.
    It could also be used to access certain systems on the ship
    (I know logic does the same thing but it would be more realistic this way)

What you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    3 things:
    1. There currently is a decorative block out there called "Personal Computer", maybe add those functions to it.
    2. Logbooks, although hard to obtain, can store info, and are carried in the inventory.
    3. Display blocks may also be useful.

Reaction score
    3 things:
    1. There currently is a decorative block out there called "Personal Computer", maybe add those functions to it.
    2. Logbooks, although hard to obtain, can store info, and are carried in the inventory.
    3. Display blocks may also be useful.
    Yes stuff like that could work but it would be great to have an actual computer you can access instead of using display blocks and that, something more realistic.

Reaction score
    I would also like to see a simple kind of PLC ("Programmable Logic Controller") block that can tie inputs and outputs with the rest of the logic. Of course there would have to be a way to set natural limits to prevent larger systems from overwhelming the server, but in some cases encapsulating logic like this could actually reduce server load too.....

Reaction score
    I would also like to see a simple kind of PLC ("Programmable Logic Controller") block that can tie inputs and outputs with the rest of the logic. Of course there would have to be a way to set natural limits to prevent larger systems from overwhelming the server, but in some cases encapsulating logic like this could actually reduce server load too.....
    Yes that would be great

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It'd be nice to see some more functionality behind computers/display screens in general :)

I'd like to see a way to tie logic into display monitors to get them to display different messages (maybe linking multiple hidden display monitors through logic gates to tell the primary display monitor what text to show).

I'm also hoping they'll link in more variables than the shield and power options they've already provided.

Maybe when they flesh out the LUA system with the NPCs a little better they'll allow some sort of limited coding within some of these decoration blocks to provide more customization to our ship systems.

Reactions: Invitedplanet67
    Reaction score
    This is an idea worth looking at I was just thinking it might be nice to be able to link one display to another like a kind of logic block where text could be updated. Large ships and stations it would be great if you could send select signals to select areas without spamming one of the chat channels till someone sees the order to launch.