Infinite Havoc - resurrecting soon

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I will be looking into this shortly, kinda swamped with work at the moment :/
    Alright... Er, sorry to bother you, but could you at least try turning it on/restarting it again, for whatever that's worth? XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've been trying to play on this server for three days now..... Still can't.

Friday night: Unable to establish a connection, Starmade Servers show the server being down.

Saturday morning: Was able to log in, played for around 15 minutes or so. Then I found an already-raided pirate base and thought I'd check it out for leftovers. Then the fecal matter impacted with the turbine. Lag spikes like mad, and several forced-disconnects. Then the server went down.

Sunday morning (right now): Starmade Servers show the server as being up. I was able to log in, and spawned in at the pirate base. Was able to move around as an astronaut for about 15 seconds, then lag spikes, then the connection hangs. I discon-recon, spawn in, instant lag. Discon-recon again, and it's bugs galore. Only a little bit of the base spawned in, only the front end of My sad little starter ship generated (the end that doesn't have engines), and there's a ghost-astronaut of Me where I was, that moves in accordance with whatever moves I make in My half-ship. Then the server crashed and I was kicked to desktop.

Is anyone else having these problems, or just Me? If You can, try to locate My last position and check the area for bugs. In game name is Majorfatboy, and the little stick ship I was in is named FBStarter001, I think. I'm not about to log in again and risk the server killing itself rather then tolerate My big fat American ass. :(

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I had similar issues... Not as completely and totally terrible, but similar. Massive lag, random downtimes with EOFs every time I try to connect for 24 hours or so, then lots of random lag. Seems a bit better now, though I'm getting some odd graphics lag, but that's presumably clientside since physics and build-block tests show that the actual chunks are loading fine.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Unfortunately, this is how most servers behave when the universe has been going for 6 months, this is why I want to reset the server. I just don't want to reset, people explore insane distances from spawn and then the new stuff comes out.

I know we need a reset, it would fix these issues, but unless we decide that we don't care about new stations and stuff, it wont happen until they come. Sorry.

Reaction score
    This is only the second server I've tried, but so far it's decent. I haven't had too many issues with lag, although I have had some issues where I jumped sectors when trying to slow down. I left NASS because the server ran so slowly for me that even when it wasn't lagging, mining took 3-4 times as long as it should have with the ship I had. On this server, haven't had that issue yet.

I do have an issue right now though that I was hoping you could look into.
    I'd been working on my home base for 3+ hours, and finally left to go get some supplies. Flew around for awhile trying to find blue asteroids (luminar or something) for brown hull, travel about 7-10 sectors out. Ended up buying what I needed, and headed back.

When I got back, a copy of the ship I was flying was docked in it's docking area. The copied ship is identical to the one I took when I left, down to the plex storage.
    The worst part though... All the changes I made to the station since I had logged on 3+ hours ago were reverted!

I'm imagining you might not be able to recover anything, since if it was lost like that it probably wasn't saving right to the database and was only active in RAM. Also, I'm sure you're quite busy and may not have the time to look into things like this.
    If it is something you could look at though, I can pm the coordinates.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Downtime :(

Saturday 6th September there will be extended maintenance time between 6am and 11am (UK) This is to install the latest set of updates and to improve performance. Whilst the server will not go down for the whole 5 hours, although expect intermittent outages.

Updates:
    Java
    Windows

Sorry about this :/

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm gonna want an export of my home sector before the reset... I love the planet there (For a Starmade planet, anyway), and I want it saved even if I don't get to use it on this server any more.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I'm gonna want an export of my home sector before the reset... I love the planet there (For a Starmade planet, anyway), and I want it saved even if I don't get to use it on this server any more.
    let me know closer to the reset (when the update actually comes) and I will export it for you.

Reaction score
    I'm guessing the server reset is coming very very soon.
    Is it possible to get a sector or station export?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    not sure when the reset comes around what will happen but will there be any items given to old player or will we be starting from scratch just want to know so i can prepare