Infinite Havoc - resurrecting soon

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Hi Guys

Currently the server is out of date and in need of a reset. I have not been on for awhile because of work and finding the EE play style much more interesting than what I made Havoc for. Because of this, Infinite Havoc is now a dead server. My original idea was to wait it out until the modding API is in and then bring the server back as a modded one, but I figured I can't do that without asking you guys. so, here I am.

What should I do with the server?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Guys

Currently the server is out of date and in need of a reset. I have not been on for awhile because of work and finding the EE play style much more interesting than what I made Havoc for. Because of this, Infinite Havoc is now a dead server. My original idea was to wait it out until the modding API is in and then bring the server back as a modded one, but I figured I can't do that without asking you guys. so, here I am.

What should I do with the server?
    Crafting-only server with block BP's (the newer ones)?

Reaction score
    One of the things that I liked about Havoc was that it was a mostly vanilla server, changing only speed limits and sector size. That's the type of server I want to play on.

Either way you go, is it still possible to get sector downloads for our stations before any reset?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i liked infinite havoc the way it was as long as it is still fun to play on i will be happy especially if it gets reset means i can start again and maybe try to rebuild the faction since all the losses taken do whatever you think is best rimmer for the server even if that means it going offline for a while

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Yep, server is still online, its just out of date, and I can still export them

Email the location too [email protected] and I will send them too you.

In regards to vanilla, I am looking into changing quite a few things.

Currently list of planned changes
    • Tweaks to the recipes for those silly ones, especially with the new BwB system
    • Updated block behavior config from EE. there's a few things the other admins there think should be massively nerfed from default, but refuse to check them in newer builds, so I will be rebalancing those.
    • Big sectors as usual, maybe slightly bigger now that we have FTL
    • Vote rewards. I want the server back where it was in ranking with the new influx of players from steam, but not silly high
    • Super awesome spawn station ;)

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Deadline for sector exports

This is your last chance to email me the sectors. I will be resetting the server on Saturday, approx noon UK time. The database is over 200GB, too much too keep a backup of, so this is your last chance. It will be a completely fresh install. I will be clearing the blog on the website and possibly redesigning it with content created by members from the server. Feel free to send me screenshots for use in the new site if I do go ahead with it :)

General aim for Infinite Havoc's future
    A fun, safe, close to vanilla place to play welcoming new and veteran members of the community. We will welcome PVP, however it is not a core feature of the server.

Stance on admins
    I will be looking for admins as always, I hope bug719 will return to us :S
    Admins will be chosen the same way as ever, community members who exhibit admin characteristics without admin access. Repeatedly asking is going to reduce your chances as it will make me think you have some other motive. The majority of Infinite Havoc admins have been chosen this way in the past, and while they were all hesitant to adopt admin responsibilities, I was happy with the vast amount of my decisions.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418342696,1418340538][/DOUBLEPOST]Site is dead atm, deleted wordpress and starting again :)

http://infinitehavoc.co.uk/

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Deadline for sector exports

This is your last chance to email me the sectors. I will be resetting the server on Saturday, approx noon UK time. The database is over 200GB, too much too keep a backup of, so this is your last chance. It will be a completely fresh install. I will be clearing the blog on the website and possibly redesigning it with content created by members from the server. Feel free to send me screenshots for use in the new site if I do go ahead with it :)

General aim for Infinite Havoc's future
    A fun, safe, close to vanilla place to play welcoming new and veteran members of the community. We will welcome PVP, however it is not a core feature of the server.

Stance on admins
    I will be looking for admins as always, I hope bug719 will return to us :S
    Admins will be chosen the same way as ever, community members who exhibit admin characteristics without admin access. Repeatedly asking is going to reduce your chances as it will make me think you have some other motive. The majority of Infinite Havoc admins have been chosen this way in the past, and while they were all hesitant to adopt admin responsibilities, I was happy with the vast amount of my decisions.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418342696,1418340538][/DOUBLEPOST]Site is dead atm, deleted wordpress and starting again :)

http://infinitehavoc.co.uk/
    Forgot the coords of our Lazarus base... darn.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    We're not importing existing stuff, dont want pre-BP update people having too much of an advantage

Quick question too anyone who cares, what do you guys think would be a reasonable recipe for shields?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We're not importing existing stuff, dont want pre-BP update people having too much of an advantage

Quick question too anyone who cares, what do you guys think would be a reasonable recipe for shields?
    Very well. I'd say, that for shielding receipes it should be 20 crystal circuits + 1 power reactor for regenerators, and 20 crystal circuits + 1 power storage for capacitors.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    What the new site can do (So far)

Currently it is basically a social network. It allows you to post things that will appear on the front page for everyone, you can follow people and get notifications when they post and so on. It also has groups, which is the main reason i set it up like this. Some factions simply do not have the time to create a site of their own, so they can come on to http://infinitehavoc.co.uk/groups/ and create a group page and invite other site members into it. This provides them with their own private board they can post to that will show in the activity feed for them on the homepage. This is currently the only functionality, but as I find more plugins for the software, you can expect the functionality of the site to expand :)

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Looking forward to and supporting this, and here's why:

- A fresh reset is really needed to set foot on a server after the BP update. Pre- BP update servers are unplayable except in one of the large factions. I want to import my blueprints paid for in blocks without competing with existing fleets bought with credits.
    - I like the approach of having stuff be mostly vanilla with manual adjustments of broken configs. Screwing with weapon settings too much makes ships built in SP unusable on a server in some cases.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    I'm kinda new to Starmade, and haven't been playing it much in multiplayer. This server is looking good so I will spend some time here when it's up and running. :)