Infernal Shipyards

Reaction score

Hello pilots. I am showing a series of RP ships I have built for the Tectum Clementia and Nova Ascendance servers. My goal is to design capable ships that come with all trappings that might be required in an RP universe in a package that is unique and functional.

So let me know know what you think and any suggestions you may have.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425881727,1425880702][/DOUBLEPOST]

To kick things off, here is a single seat fighter I'm calling the Spirit. It's sporting two double AMCs and a pair of tracking missiles. Besides the mandatory pilot's cockpit, there is a small storage area behind the cockpit.

[DOUBLEPOST=1425882778][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I need a little work on taking screenshots. Here is another view.

Reaction score
    Looks like a solid design.

You mentioned a storage area, and i think i can see the door to that area, do you have screenshots of that area?
    Also i am curious about how to get in, do you use glass doors as an openable canopy?

I am guessing that the object on top is a missile defence turret?

What other systems does your ship have? Overdrive, scanner or even a jump drive?

Reactions: Invadr
    Reaction score
    Hi Rohen, thanks for your interest. I will post a pic of the storage area tonight, but I think it has about a 20 square block area that could be used for additional support blocks or RP elements. The turret could be set either way of course, and as the game sits right now, I would probably recommend setting to target 'Any'. The AI is not very accurate and as an PD turret with only two barrels, the hit ratio would be very small.

I designed this ship when I was an Admin for the Nova Ascendance RP server as a starter ship for incoming players. As such I wanted to leave some flexibility for player mods. Additionally, as a smallish fighter, it would not have jump capabilities (in our universe), but it has power enough to add that in if one was so inclined.

Reaction score
    Nice, so the idea for this was to be a small "all-rounder".
    Is it still intended to be a Starter-Ship for new players? If yes i can only recommend the new feature that you can give new players this as a filled blueprint, ready to spawn.

Reaction score
    Yeah, a little starter fighter for players and as an admin I could spawn them in groups for other RP uses.

What other features would you recommend?

Reaction score
    Well as it is a Starter ship, i would from an RP perspective build a little bunk bed in the storage are as the player will "live" there, at least in the beginning.
    The metal mesh looks a bit lite a "bed" but seems to be a bit uncomfortable So replacing one with a different material to make it a bed. I see the storage boxes in the walls, so there is enough space to store material. Perhaps a medical cabinet somewhere or something that looks like a little kitchen.

And as most people do alt least some salvaging in the beginning of the game i would mount a small "salvager pod" somwhere.
    This "pod" could be later used for different purposes. Maybe then as a sensor pod when someone wants to use it as a scout.

Oh and if it not already has it, some overdrive to get around a little faster.

What is in the "hole" behind the faction block?

Reaction score
    Infernal Shipyards presents the Raven. A light destroyer, designed to take out smaller fighters or support larger cap ships. It is still in it's shakedown cruise but will be available shortly. These photos have been leaked to the press.

More to come.

Reaction score
    Well as it is a Starter ship, i would from an RP perspective build a little bunk bed in the storage are as the player will "live" there, at least in the beginning.
    The metal mesh looks a bit lite a "bed" but seems to be a bit uncomfortable So replacing one with a different material to make it a bed. I see the storage boxes in the walls, so there is enough space to store material. Perhaps a medical cabinet somewhere or something that looks like a little kitchen.

And as most people do alt least some salvaging in the beginning of the game i would mount a small "salvager pod" somwhere.
    This "pod" could be later used for different purposes. Maybe then as a sensor pod when someone wants to use it as a scout.

Oh and if it not already has it, some overdrive to get around a little faster.

What is in the "hole" behind the faction block?
    Good suggestions. As it's the smallest fighter in the fleet, I've kept the bells and whistles (like Overdrive) down to a minimum. I added a small scanner, medical cabinets and hopefully made the beds more comfy looking.

[DOUBLEPOST=1426516376,1426515535][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are a few shots for consideration in an upcoming press release on the new Thunderbird bomber. You can see the family resemblance to the Spirit and to save development costs there were some components that are shared with it's smaller sibling. This ship will pack a wallop with heavy torpedoes and a dual heat-seeking MIRV's that you don't want to test anywhere around friendlies. With 3 hardpoints one can quickly change it's stance to a more offensive or defensive posture. The turret options are a dual beam anti fighter version or the medium eight-barrel anti missile system with the small rapid fire dual mount being standard for this family. A crew of 4 is required.

For size comparison.

The all important engine view.

That long, lean and deadly look.

Reaction score
    So I have the Radeon graphics card and as of the optimization update, my view range for anything that isn't a planet is about 40 meters max. Everything beyond that is a silhouette. Which sux, because larger ships are impossible to even see, let alone take a screen shot of. However, it does get you a cool silhouette sometimes:

Here is the Spirit and the Thunderbird, and an even bigger friend.

This cool silhouette is a drone carrier. It's a bit outdated with all the changes to the game in the last 4 months, but I might post a few real pics sometime.

Reactions: Master_Artificer