Indestructible Cores and Faction Blocks

Reaction score
    I shot two pirate Isanths apart. Literally. Down to the last block, until only the Core remained. But the Core wouldn't take any damage.
    Similarly, I'm unable to destroy the Faction Blocks of any pirate station in the universe. I'm shooting with my main gun, with my turrets, with explosives, even with my handgun. Every hit translates to 0 damage.
    Do I need to take out something else first? I already destroyed all its turrets.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You have to get better guns to destroy a faction module then.
    And for the cores, they are overheating, meaning you can take the ship apart and then mine the core.

Reaction score
    No, that's not what I mean. The cores don't overheat when taking hits, even from huge guns. The size of the guns isn't the issue here. They are powerful enough to blow whole chunks out of a space station.
    Similarly, the faction modules refusing to die cannot be because of the size of my guns. Even with tiny 3-block guns, they would at least register non-zero damage.

Is it maybe because my guns are linked with an effects computer? I will try unlinking the effect and report back.

Reaction score
    As it turns out, you were, in part, right. Faction modules weren't indestructible. I was just used to their blowing up instantly when I hit them with my rapid fire gun. My new gun, even though 20x more powerful on paper than the old one, seems to do much less damage.

However, ship cores are indestructible. They simply refuse to overheat. I now have 6 completely naked pirate ship cores swarming around my ship and glowing bright yellow.

Reaction score
    hmm if this is true, this is indeed troubling. pirates are currently unkillable? xD im playing crafting only and have been avoiding pirates like the plague. especially since i have no shields cuz of a bug with an ore that shall not be named.... but if pirates are un killable then maybe i should just disable them for now? because right now i might be able to take on a few if i can blast through and get to the core. but if the core is indestructible then my only option would be to shoot out all their weapons. a much more difficult task in my current situation.

so in all, thanks for the heads up. ill deff have to be even more careful then before. but if someone else could confirm this then it needs to be reported to the tracker. if someone else confirms ill just report it my self.

thanks.

Reaction score
    After several restarts, the immortal ship cores disappeared...