Increasing max money value

Change money value?

• Now it's ok (32 bit)

Votes: 2 15.4%
    • Let's make 64 bits

Votes: 7 53.8%
    • I like 448 bits, because I want to be very rich guy with 100500 trillions credits!!!

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Foreign Community
    • Purchased!
    Hello.
    For now, value for money is 32bits long, so just near 2 billions. So, after playing 2 hours and salvaging pirates I've earner 100millions. So, for average gamers, acquiring 2 billions will take only few weeks or months. It's not good idea to play with prices, nerf economy or something. Multiplayer is oriented for player-to-player interaction, so prices become more EVE-like... Also, capital ships could cost much more then 2 billions, so with blueprint system - their building become impossible.

I really ask you to change money value to long or decimal (64 or even 448 bits (BigInteger, next possible number. Also you can use BigDecimal (128 bits)). It would be necessary in the future, so may be let's fix it as soon as possible?
    Thank you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    no point, the economy system is going to be changed in a new update

Reaction score
    • Foreign Community
    • Purchased!
    no point, the economy system is going to be changed in a new update
    Even after changing, 2 billions is a VERY small value for space game... Especially multiplayer, that can handle 50-70 people online at one time. Even Minecraft pugins had this problem, because some gamers were trying hard...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Even after changing, 2 billions is a VERY small value for space game... Especially multiplayer, that can handle 50-70 people online at one time. Even Minecraft pugins had this problem, because some gamers were trying hard...
    dude, the ENTIRE system will be changed, the way we buy ships, the max limit ect. ect.

Reaction score
    • Foreign Community
    • Purchased!
    dude, the ENTIRE system will be changed, the way we buy ships, the max limit ect. ect.
    Oh, if you mean that way, then it's ok... I didn't know exactly plans for the economy for now. If you know, please share the link.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Oh, if you mean that way, then it's ok... I didn't know exactly plans for the economy for now. If you know, please share the link.
    it was in the Q/A that calbiri did on MF a couple of moths ago, also it is common knowledge

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The limit is in the game because 32-bit Java (the best a 32-bit OS can have) cannot handle numbers higher than it. Without the limit, you would just crash when you hit that number.

Reaction score
    • Foreign Community
    • Purchased!
    it was in the Q/A that calbiri did on MF a couple of moths ago, also it is common knowledge
    If you will share the exactly link - I'll really appreciate it. It's hard to search something, that you don't know what to search...

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The limit is in the game because 32-bit Java (the best a 32-bit OS can have) cannot handle numbers higher than it. Without the limit, you would just crash when you hit that number.
    Wrong, 32 bit java does support 64 bit numbers(longs).(it uses 2 32 bit numbers)[time e.g. is measured in those]
    However, that is not as efficient as in 64 bit java.

Reaction score
    • Foreign Community
    • Purchased!
    You are wrong, Even 32bits OS can handle 64 and 128+bits numbers. 32bit OS just means, that memory addressing in 32 bits, not numbers. Did you try java on 32 bits OS (Win XP) with double? (64 bits) I tried, and it's ok.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You are wrong, Even 32bits OS can handle 64 and 128+bits numbers. 32bit OS just means, that memory addressing in 32 bits, not numbers. Did you try java on 32 bits OS (Win XP) with double? (64 bits) I tried, and it's ok.
    Both of us just made a post about the same thing xD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wrong, 32 bit java does support 64 bit numbers(longs).(it uses 2 32 bit numbers)[time e.g. is measured in those]
    However, that is not as efficient as in 64 bit java.
    Huh, I thought I saw that somewhere where schema was explaining why the limit was in place.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, I vote for using a BigInteger. It's not the sort of thing that's constantly changing or being used so I don't really see there being any reason why we shouldn't go, well, BIG.

Reactions: Megacrafter127
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Personally, I vote for using a BigInteger. It's not the sort of thing that's constantly changing or being used so I don't really see there being any reason why we shouldn't go, well, BIG.
    While being technically limited to about 64 billion bit integers, BigIntegers work slower than the standard int or long.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    While being technically limited to about 64 billion bit integers, BigIntegers work slower than the standard int or long.
    So? The Credits variable is just a number, one per player, that you add to or subtract from by arbitrary amounts occasionally... Other than that, it just kind of... sits there looking pretty. I don't think it'll be much of a performance hit.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    We're going to construct ships from blocks at shipyards in the future. Not much point in raising it for this specific purpose. It'd be nice for heavy duty traders, though.

Reaction score
    • Foreign Community
    • Purchased!
    About "BigInt is slow": yes, but to see it, you should work with 1 million items at one time... So in case of money, when operations counting once per few minutes, you won't notice any slow-down causing by this...

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    About "BigInt is slow": yes, but to see it, you should work with 1 million items at one time... So in case of money, when operations counting once per few minutes, you won't notice any slow-down causing by this...
    True, but schema is the type who wants to minimize overhead as far as possible.