Increase sector size.

Reaction score
    Please make them larger, and fix the jumping/vanishing when transitioning the boundaries.

Currently sectors are far too small when dog fighting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why not simply allow the ships to transition smoother?

Sectors for now are pretty big, the issue you have is to do with NPC\'s and sector boundries.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree, if the transfers are smooth who cares how many you go through?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    sectors need to be greatly multiplied in their size. make the universe at a more realistic scale. but only once FTL feature is implemented in the future

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree that they need to be bigger, and that this would require some kind of FTL drive. +1

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Bigger sectors would be most helpful for those larger ships, for example my 800x600 ship will be very funny to try and get around once finished. Also having FTL drives in blue would be nice, I like that colour a lot for spaceship stuff, dunno why :)

Also if sectors are made larger/need to travel further, add a stargate type system, where you can dial in to stargate address, with a function to note down ones you\'ve been to, but able to find random ones for the serious adventurer :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Disregarding the spacing of things and the spawn rate of shops, derelict stations, etc ... I could get behind expanding the demarcation points of sectors themselves. I mean ... a good weapon setup can fire beyond a range of 2km, which, depending on circumstances, is roughly the distance from the center to the edge of a currently-sized sector. Backing across the sector border means losing all targeting.

So, I\'m in favor of resizing the sector borders ... but not as much as I\'m in favor of loading neighboring sectors in a better way to keep these kinds of problems from being an issue in the first place.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree but why can\'t we increase the sector size in server settings?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    At a guess, It\'s probably to do with the one-station-per-sector rule. It\'d need to be a thing that\'s set before the first startup of the entire server so you don\'t end up with tons of stations in the same sector after you make the sectors bigger.