Incoming damage not shown during sector change (shield UI bug explained?)

Reaction score
    I was messing around testing out some ships and noticed that while I could still do damage during the sector changing area, I no longer received notification that damage was incoming (my shields showed full)

This allowed me to take damage while on my screen I thought I had full shields, while on the attacking ship I could see the shields drop, and then destroy blocks. I could enter build mode and see the damage being done as well.

Once I finished changing sectors the damage showed correctly on both ships.

Edit: To reproduce the issue easily, go to a sector change area, and rotate your ship so you are flying in the middle of the two sectors for a long time (fly at the edge of both, so you don't change from one to the other, but have the extra "star speed" effect constantly)

I tested this on a local server with two clients running off the same machine, so its not a server / network issue but has to do with how sector changing works.

Reaction score
    Didn\'t realize I could have that much lag on a local server with two clients running....

Reaction score
    This could explain why pirates can \"shoot through shields\" when fighting them, because it usually takes you a few sectors away vs stronger custom ones especially.

Reaction score
    All of this was done in single player.

I have had this happen as well and I think it is the shield bar GUI (or whatever controls the shield bar GUI) not registering hits that occur on portions or the ship in sectors other than the core. This has happened to me 3 seperate times and the only reason I knew is because I lost the cockpit on the front of my ship.

It is not me just not noticing the shields going down either, my ship is 452 m long and has 3.8 mil shields.(It takes forever to charge with 40k a sec) Each time my shields have lost no more than 10 bars and on the most recent time I only lost 4 bars.

Edit: I have also noticed that your core must be in the same sector as the ship you are trying to salvage (I have literally been pushing a ship with my salvage array and nothing is getting salvaged)

Reaction score
    i\'m experiencing that salvage bug almost every time i fight pirates. Could be that my ship is almost 100m long, so tendency for core to be on the other side of sector border is higher. I even try to ram the pirate ships with slow speed (10-20), and that causes a collision warp. Lag is not the reason.