Incognito Asteroids

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh nice. We have a new ore scanner. Now make it useful by hiding what kind of ore is in asteroids! Right now there's no point in using the ore scanner except maybe on planets. I expect this will happen with the universe update.

Reaction score
    Ore scanners should detect all asteroids in the system in order to be really and properly useful, but that would need to come along with scanners properly mapping the system in the first place.
    The way things are right now, the ore scanner is basically useless because anything you scan you're probably going to immediately mine anyway, and knowing the exact ore counts isn't all that useful. Being able to locate asteroids in the first place and map them for later reference would definitely be useful, however, either on a miner or a scout or science ship.

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Scanning for rare ores in some games is a lot of fun. That type of gameplay definitely has a place in Starmade.
    My new power scanner doesn't work. I haven't added any chambers or anything like that. Why can't i do mineral scans?

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think a longer range scanner to determine what sort of asteroids have spawned would be useful. I know there's a guide that's based on distance, but having something in-game that helps you find what you're looking for would be great.

Reactions: wafflepie
    Reaction score
    I think a longer range scanner to determine what sort of asteroids have spawned would be useful. I know there's a guide that's based on distance, but having something in-game that helps you find what you're looking for would be great.
    Yeah, the guide can give hints but it won't tell you exactly where asteroids are, like the system map does for planets and stations. The ore scanner should do that.
    My new power scanner doesn't work. I haven't added any chambers or anything like that. Why can't i do mineral scans?
    Scanners currently can't map systems, they're broken in that regard and this needs to be fixed ASAP. They're still able to scan ships and other entities within their range, but I'm not sure what that range actually is or if it increases with scanner level.

Reactions: Maramonster

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah, the guide can give hints but it won't tell you exactly where asteroids are, like the system map does for planets and stations. The ore scanner should do that.

Scanners currently can't map systems, they're broken in that regard and this needs to be fixed ASAP. They're still able to scan ships and other entities within their range, but I'm not sure what that range actually is or if it increases with scanner level.
    The circle was green

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Great suggestion!
    I would love to see how this can be developed, it could make mining a lot more intersting and in-depth.
    Experiances minners could know and have charted where the richest veins are :3

Reactions: Maramonster