Incinerator Block

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    -- The Problem --
    I don't know what to do with items, my current solution is to put them onto shuttles and fly them away,

-- The Solution --
    A Factory-style Block that either breaks down random items into something or just deletes them entirely.

Reaction score
    I continously dropping items like the dirts cuz i cant do anything with them, and tought a trash slot in the inventory or a recicle block would be usefull.

D

Deleted member 433088

I agree, we need some way of disposing of unwanted items. This could be joined with the request for a recycler machine to break down built modules and kill two birds with one stone.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I agree, we need some way of disposing of unwanted items. This could be joined with the request for a recycler machine to break down built modules and kill two birds with one stone.
    Fair enough. Do you have a link for that?

D

Deleted member 433088

Fair enough. Do you have a link for that?
    You mean for the recycler thing? I wasn't referring to a specific thread, it's just that I've seen that suggested a couple times before xD sorry if my wording confused you.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You mean for the recycler thing? I wasn't referring to a specific thread, it's just that I've seen that suggested a couple times before xD sorry if my wording confused you.
    Oh it's okay I thought you were referring to a specific one, thanks.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, I agree. There should be incinerators in addition to recyclers. If for nothing else, the RP players should be able to have trash cans.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes, I agree. There should be incinerators in addition to recyclers. If for nothing else, the RP players should be able to have trash cans.
    Yeah, I tried to build an incinerator with lava on my ship, I ended up finishing it and dropping items, they just floated without falling, so I moved the entire ship up so that they would touch the lava, and then my ship just picked them up :/. I should have thought it through better.

Reaction score
    Bindun mate, I think it was me who suggested a recycling machine, like the one on Planet Explorers.

BTW I'll also mention that there's a block called the Plex Recycler.

It has a weird description, some mad scientist who says it recycles stuff into a core, but it does nothing.

All I can say is, SOON tm. Maybe a reverse process for the factories?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm working on a mod to do this but I would rather the recycling recipes be done automatically rather than requiring a bunch of regexing.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    There is a recycler in the code. Currently non-functional. Hopefully it is released soon.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    To everyone who is talking about recyclers, a recycler is not an incinerator.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Fair enough, but it is a pain to fly craft into suns to get rid of your trash.
    Although, it does add a modicum of fun to the game. Thinking of a trash disposal ship like from star trek voyager. Stop dumping your radioactive waste into the void man!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Although, it does add a modicum of fun to the game. Thinking of a trash disposal ship like from star trek voyager. Stop dumping your radioactive waste into the void man!
    Mind-mate :)

Perhaps you should be able to throw unwanted items into black holes (not wormholes) to refresh planets in the galaxy.
    I think some aggregation disks can have 2 poles where highly energetic stuff is thrown out.

Blakpik said:
    Did you mean: Accretion Discs?
    Yes ... english_not my first language ;)

Last edited: